Lock keeper beaten up

Bewildered

Featured Posts

The boats in question are or were, this afternoon, still moored up just past The Rugby Wharf Junction, with nobody aboard and padlocked up.

The plastic cruiser is about 20-24ft long with a stern deck covered with a cockpit canopy of blue, I seem to recollect.

The second boat is an 18ft Silhouette sailing boat without its mast.  not dissimilar to this one for sale at a place on the internet..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-foot-silhouette-sailing-boat/132371638109?hash=item1ed1f6e75d:g:SK4AAOSwAtFZddlL

I suspect they will be up and traveling soon towards Rose Narrow boats.

Nipper

send in the river police who can apprehend and confiscate the boats which have been used in a crime and are operating illegally No licence insurance or Bss or do we not have these police departments now ?

47 minutes ago, nipper said:

The second boat is an 18ft Silhouette sailing boat without its mast.  not dissimilar to this one for sale at a place on the internet..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-foot-silhouette-sailing-boat/132371638109?hash=item1ed1f6e75d:g:SK4AAOSwAtFZddlL

Nipper

The Silhouette was moored, half sunk, at Wolfhampcote near bridge 97, facing Napton when we passed that way on the 7th of October this year. I wonder if it has been taken for walkies?

Edited by Ray T
Spelling + bridge No.

1 minute ago, Ray T said:

The Silhouette was moored, half sunk, at Wolfhamcote, facing Napton when we passed that way on the 7th of October this year. I wonder if it has been taken for walkies?

Ah that one, it was there for sometime I think.  It was badly tied up and banged about when you went past.

59 minutes ago, nipper said:

The boats in question are or were, this afternoon, still moored up just past The Rugby Wharf Junction, with nobody aboard and padlocked up.

The plastic cruiser is about 20-24ft long with a stern deck covered with a cockpit canopy of blue, I seem to recollect.

I suspect they will be up and traveling soon towards Rose Narrow boats.

Nipper

I trust you have informed the police & CaRT of your sighting.

3 hours ago, thebfg said:

I once made a citizen arrest. Much to the disgust of the thief.

The policeman informed me I had done the right thing as I had witnessed the crime and knew he had committed it.

Which seems to be backed up by earlier posts.

People who steal and people who do violence are often very different animals , trust me I absolutely know. Most thieves will hold their hands up and say " Its a fair cop " most thugs will slot you.

18 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

I trust you have informed the police & CaRT of your sighting.

The way the coppers left Hillmorton Rugby bound yesterday, I am inclined to believe that the perpetrators of the assault were apprehended where the boats are now. Of coarse, I have no proof for my thoughts.

As it was known along the towpath yesterday, where the boats were, I felt no need to take up valuable police time telling them, what I expected  them to already know.

Nipper

43 minutes ago, nipper said:

The way the coppers left Hillmorton Rugby bound yesterday, I am inclined to believe that the perpetrators of the assault were apprehended where the boats are now. Of coarse, I have no proof for my thoughts.

As it was known along the towpath yesterday, where the boats were, I felt no need to take up valuable police time telling them, what I expected  them to already know.

Nipper

You wont be wasting any Police time since it will be a civilian call taker that you speak to. If you don't wish to telephone them (with the staffing issues it may well take you a long time to get through on 101) you can always just send them an e-mail to here  

https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/article/7078/Contact-us-via-email

Just a means of ensuring that they have the information, it may well be known along the towpath but has anyone actually told the Police? The e-mail will pretty much cost you nothing.

16 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

You wont be wasting any Police time since it will be a civilian call taker that you speak to. If you don't wish to telephone them (with the staffing issues it may well take you a long time to get through on 101) you can always just send them an e-mail to here  

https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/article/7078/Contact-us-via-email

Just a means of ensuring that they have the information, it may well be known along the towpath but has anyone actually told the Police? The e-mail will pretty much cost you nothing.

If they don't have staff to answer the phone do they actually have staff to read emails?

Just now, Jerra said:

If they don't have staff to answer the phone do they actually have staff to read emails?

Eventually! My experience of contacting the Police in recent years on my travels suggests that manning is now below what is required. In Greater Manchester police area (Upper Mill) it took me several minutes to get a reply on a 999 call to report three yoofs on the roof of the local museum (at about midnight), in the Yorkshire area (Thorne) it took about 20 minutes to get a reply on the 101 number to report having found what was probably a stolen motorbike. Fortunately the 101 call was made from the phone outside of the (closed) Police Station in Thorne so didn't cost me anything other than time. In future I'll just send an e-mail, it can't be that much slower.:rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Jerra said:

The 999 call rather surprises me as in our area a central switch board deals with all 999 calls - police, Fire, Ambulance and Mountain Rescue (well actually I think that is channelled through the police first).

I have to admit that the 999 call stunned me, in a previous life 999 calls were answered in seconds and if they went on to ring six times serious questions would be asked. My call to Greater Manchester put me through to a recording telling me that I was in a queue which ran, I believe for nearly 4 minutes before I got a reply. The only saving grace was that I neither had to listen to Greensleeves nor an inane recording telling me how important my call was to them:rolleyes:.

Joking apart however, this is the new reality of cutbacks and austerity, I don't criticise the Police themselves in any way.

ETA just to add this was not the night of the Manchester Arena terrorist atrocity, that would have been a justifiable reason.

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

1 hour ago, john6767 said:

It’s all about the facts.

Back on topic, given the boats location is known and they are unattended, is it know that the 3 guys are in custody?

They probably are aware of it if they are, yes.

Edited by matty40s
Cold fingers not pressing screen right....

13 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

People who steal and people who do violence are often very different animals , trust me I absolutely know. Most thieves will hold their hands up and say " Its a fair cop " most thugs will slot you.

Yeah. That was my experience. They normally hand it over when approached.

That must be evolving. Now they threaten to beat you up or stab you.

I suppose because nowadays most retail staff will protect themselves first and back off. We don't. Unless they really do have a knife. They make the threat but they haven't started carrying out.

I remember one day a plain cloths policeman approached me and informed me off someone stealing.

Outside the thief went to punch the copper and they ended up struggling on the floor. Amazingly I saw a beat Bobby and waved him over. Two cars and a van later matey was well nicked.

I suppose the point is they will do anything to get away. I suppose they have so many offences that they have commited. We just try and make their lives difficult so they go elsewhere. They don't care if we catch them or throw them out they just keep coming back and on the tenth go they will get away with stuff.

But back to your point. No I wouldent approach these boaters and I guess other people at the scene also worked out it wouldent end well.