C&RT license checkers

colmac

Featured Posts

Can anyone settle a debate I am having with a fellow boater. He maintains that when the c&rt bloke checks your license and enters it into his tablet /computer thing they can also track your movements. I thought this was purely a check on their database to ensure your boat is licensed. Can anyone enlighten me/us ? Thank you

31 minutes ago, colmac said:

Can anyone settle a debate I am having with a fellow boater. He maintains that when the c&rt bloke checks your license and enters it into his tablet /computer thing they can also track your movements. I thought this was purely a check on their database to ensure your boat is licensed. Can anyone enlighten me/us ? Thank you

They are checking for movement too. 

31 minutes ago, colmac said:

They are also checking your movements, otherwise how would they know you move/don't move every 14 days?

Your position is logged to within a 1km length, and next time you are logged you need to be in another 1km length.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

They are also checking your movements, otherwise how would they know you move/don't move every 14 days?

Your position is logged to within a 1km length, and next time you are logged you need to be in another 1km length.

I have heard the km lengths and their codes are to be found online, would anyone have a llink?

1 minute ago, philjw said:

Is there a place where the boater can see the record of their boats positions? 

Yes you can email and ask for which ever period of time you want to know about. I ask every September 

49 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I'm glad that CRT's limited resources are being so well spent. Don't you know where you've been?

An email costs nothing and the time taken is a couple of clicks on a computer. 

I ask details for personal interest. 

Yes, I keep a log, and pay my license. 

28 minutes ago, Goliath said:

the time taken is a couple of clicks on a computer

..having called up the necessary file(s), entered search terms, read the results, and transcribed them into an email. Several minutes at least.

Would you indulge your thirst for personal interest if you had to pay for it?

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

I'm glad that CRT's limited resources are being so well spent. Don't you know where you've been?

I was thinking the same when I read this. A cynical person would suspect someone making such an enquiry may have a guilty complex. 

As discussed above CRT do log your movements but inaccuracies and anomalies do occur so it is probably prudent to keep a log if ever a question of movements arises. Photos of your boat moored on differing dates in different places is the cast iron indisputable record IF one should ever need it.

8 minutes ago, Meanderingviking said:

Photos of your boat moored on differing dates in different places is the cast iron indisputable record IF one should ever need it.

You would need something such as the daily paper on view as the exif data on a digital photo is easily changed.   So not indisputable proof maybe more so if you still use film./

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

You would need something such as the daily paper on view as the exif data on a digital photo is easily changed.   So not indisputable proof maybe more so if you still use film./

Fair enough though I wouldn't know how to do that myself and possibly others as well, However a series of photos showing the changing seasons could help and added to a written log will help to build up a profile and distance of movement. Now where's that old Polaroid instant camera of mine ............:glare:

53 minutes ago, Meanderingviking said:

Fair enough though I wouldn't know how to do that myself and possibly others as well, However a series of photos showing the changing seasons could help and added to a written log will help to build up a profile and distance of movement. Now where's that old Polaroid instant camera of mine ............:glare:

The point I was making is that you could build up a library of photos over the years different places and different seasons, fiddle the exif data (simple to do a quick google will tell you how and provide any software needed).  Then you just alter photos to suit what you need, as a result I doubt people would be absolutely certain photos were indisputable evidence.

A written log I feel is more indisputable as forging a long term record in writing (hand not computer) is a difficult thing to do to make it authentic in both detail and appearance (different pens paper which shows signs of having been in the file for a while etc).