Philex HD Satellite receiver kit Model 28208ALD

Ratty's Retreat

Featured Posts

It looks similar to the one we bought from Aldi. That went in a skip and I bought a Sky dish for approx £25. I then bought a Humax Freesat box and they work well. Sometimes you just have to pay a bit more to get what you really need  

The Aldi dish had two major issues. Firstly the suction pad won’t hold on a non-slip curved roof, so will fall over. Secondly it was near impossible to adjust the horizontal alignment of the dish without the tilt changing. It made it very difficult to get a picture. It will probably be ok for you if you are on a permanent mooring. If you move a lot, buy a Sky Dish. 

Bought an Aldi HD kit a few years ago.  Dish is fine and only takes me about two minutes to set up.  Suction pad not very successful, replaced it with a magnet base.  Receiver worked, but found hundreds of non-freesat channels and wouldn't remember favorites when switched off. Replaced with a Goodmans Freesat HD receiver from Currys for £28.

Bought one 3-4 years ago, and replaced the sucker with a magnet. The antenna connection on the unit parted company with the PCB quite quickly, and was difficult to repair. When I bought a new TV with freeview, I invested in a Mercury amplified aerial, and have all the channels I could wish for.