ALDE Boiler Service

Featured Posts

Can anyone help with recommending a good ALDE boiler service engineer, our slimline boiler (don't know the model number) has not been done for a while. We are on the Macclesfield canal.

Any idea of what price we should be paying.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

6 minutes ago, Badminton355 said:

Can anyone help with recommending a good ALDE boiler service engineer, our slimline boiler (don't know the model number) has not been done for a while. We are on the Macclesfield canal.

Any idea of what price we should be paying.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

http://www.grahamcutmoreengineering.co.uk/alde-comfort-29202923-2928/4592777830

Graham Cutmore usually comes highly recommended will travel the country 

4 minutes ago, philjw said:

I saw a post on here saying he has retired.  Have a search for the thread which gives his successor.

That interesting his site is still up and running so might be worth giving him a call to find out. 

I think in a recent thread someone said they had used Anglo Welsh, can't find it at the moment, but would make sense as I belief they use a lot of the old ALDE slimline boilers. 

I think he still operates the site but doesn't travel anymore. I think he has bods at do that. You can sent the who,e burner unit to Graham, he refurbs and sends back quite quickly. The burner is easy to take out if you are half proficient.

Hope this assists.

1 minute ago, Badminton355 said:

Thanks guys.

I have emailed graham asking if he still does the serving etc.

I will advise once he comes back to me.

Be interested to know what services he still gives, if any. 

Thats two of my stock replies gone this week

Graham for Alde and On board energy for electrical. Is every one retiring? 

I had an Alde 2928 on my last boat.  I sent it back to Alde who repaired it, gave it a good service including replacing some parts that were still functioning, and sent it back practically by return of post.  All for what I thought at the time was a very reasonable price.

Give them a ring if you are interested:  http://www.alde.co.uk

4 hours ago, reg said:

Thats two of my stock replies gone this week

Graham for Alde and On board energy for electrical. Is every one retiring? 

I doubt (but don’t know) that Kevin will be wanting to retire so I guess whoever buys Onboard Energy will get him and his wide experience of Victron as part of the deal. So... for the forseeable I’d think that one can still recommend Onboard Energy. 

Edited by WotEver
I’m confused

36 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I doubt (but don’t know) that Kevin will be wanting to retire so I guess whoever buys Onboard Energy will get him and his wide experience of Victron as part of the deal. So... for the forseeable I’d think that one can still recommend Onboard Energy. 

Thought it was only a lease?

58 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

Thought it was only a lease?

Yebbut it includes Onboard Energy, the workshops and slips and makes mention of staff being cared for. 

Edited by WotEver

Email back from Graham,

I no longer carry out 'field' service calls on Alde installations being now workshop based on the re-manufacturing side of the business. However, my colleague Tim Matthews of |K.T.Maintenance does all the same work that I used to do and I can vouch for his skills as we have worked together for over 30 years. I will forward your email on to Tim and he will be intouch very soon to discuss your problems. If you want to contact Tim direct his mobile number is 
07425 540966.

2 hours ago, Badminton355 said:
Email back from Graham,

I no longer carry out 'field' service calls on Alde installations being now workshop based on the re-manufacturing side of the business. However, my colleague Tim Matthews of |K.T.Maintenance does all the same work that I used to do and I can vouch for his skills as we have worked together for over 30 years. I will forward your email on to Tim and he will be intouch very soon to discuss your problems. If you want to contact Tim direct his mobile number is 
07425 540966.

Just checked my phone numbers and thats the same fella i had out to service mine, nice bloke and can recommend.

Like i mentioned earlier though, he charges for travelling at £50/hour so might bump the cost up somewhat to visit you up north.