Replying to a topic

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Featured Posts

Recently, when trying to add a reply on the Brexit saga, rather than being offered the usual blank reply box to use, I have been given a comment from September 15th to quote and reply to. Can anyone suggest why this is happening? A brief check on a couple of other topics suggests that this is not happenening everywhere else.

• Solution
1 minute ago, Stilllearning said:

Recently, when trying to add a reply on the Brexit saga, rather than being offered the usual blank reply box to use, I have been given a comment from September 15th to quote and reply to. Can anyone suggest why this is happening? A brief check on a couple of other topics suggests that this is not happenening everywhere else.

The new software seems to save a partially completed post as a 'draft' if you don't press 'Submit reply' it can be useful but it can be a PITA as you have found.

I have had to the opportunity to delete it occasionally but for some reason not always.

5 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

The eu have infiltrated the forum and tried to corrupt it with their nonsense?

8 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

I think that what happened was that I began to reply to something, then just couldn't be bothered, and moved on. So whenever I try to make a comment on the tread, the system bumps me back to the posting I didn't finish replying to.

This is it, there's no cancel button if you decide not add your post to the thread. I press F5 (refresh) which seems to do the trick.

Edited by bizzard

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2017 at 10:17, Stilllearning said:

I think that what happened was that I began to reply to something, then just couldn't be bothered, and moved on. So whenever I try to make a comment on the tread, the system bumps me back to the posting I didn't finish replying to.

So just delete it and start again :)