Featured Posts

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Who are you again? I’ve never heard of you...

:D

I keep turning up on this forum from time to time 

Just now, Neil2 said:

I bet whoever was on the bog got a shock.

Just now, Neil2 said:

I bet whoever was on the bog got a shock.

A little flushed as the blade went past 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

Boat stretching seems to have near dried up? Only a few years ago when I first moved aboard a narrowboat there were many boats being stretched, indeed my first boat had been stretched from 42 to 56 feet. If I recall correctly Ray Bowern at Streethay wharf used to do lots of them in the late eighties early nineties? I suppose over the last few years longer boats have more become the norm so far fewer are stretched.

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Boat stretching seems to have near dried up? Only a few years ago when I first moved aboard a narrowboat there were many boats being stretched, indeed my first boat had been stretched from 42 to 56 feet. If I recall correctly Ray Bowern at Streethay wharf used to do lots of them in the late eighties early nineties? I suppose over the last few years longer boats have more become the norm so far fewer are stretched.

Streethay did one for me many moons ago, used to advertise as harry the stretcher at streethay

Rick

2 minutes ago, dccruiser said:

Streethay did one for me many moons ago, used to advertise as harry the stretcher at streethay

Rick

Hi Rick

Yes I thought so. I still always use Ray for transport even tho he no longer owns streethay, he is spot on. Bye the way on the move so soon be Beer oclock up there :cheers:

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, KEDIAN said:

www.kedianengineering.co.uk 

this is my website 

Do you have a crane at your yard, what costs are there on top of the below?

Boat lengthening per FT £695.00

You need to decide how much you want your boat stretched, then the boat will be cut at the preferred point and the new section added, steelwork will be finished in red oxide primer and the hull will be re-blacked.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

Sorry, just to check, thats lift out the canal, drop at your yard then drop back in the canal?

4 hours ago, KEDIAN said:

£1500 Total including lorry 

That clear, Dave? That £1500 is the total cost for getting the boat to Kedian and putting it back in the water afterwards.