CRT disgruntled staff

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

This could easily be a carbon copy of experiences from any modern workplace. Its certainly true of most jobs I've had, which is why I don't really plan on having another one.

Reading those comments and combine them it seems that over payed long term staff sit in the vans doing nothing bar look at the nice view whilst getting the under payed newbies to do all the work and complaining about been bullied by the management that don't actually exist. :-/

If it is on the site of Steve Jay / Steve Jenkin, (Jenlyn, formerly of this forum), I imagine it was never going to turn out with views strongly supportive of CRT!

I haven't read through it , but surely it would be impossible to know if responses had been suitably manipulated to support his own message?

(For clarity, I'm not saying they have been, only that they could be!).

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

If it is on the site of Steve Jay / Steve Jenkin, (Jenlyn, formerly of this forum), I imagine it was never going to turn out with views strongly supportive of CRT!

I haven't read through it , but surely it would be impossible to know if responses had been suitably manipulated to support his own message?

My thoughts exactly! I didn't bother reading it either but thought it more than a little odd that someone would go to the trouble of creating such a resource on the web. Then I looked at the name.....

haggis

46 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

If the messages were selected to support this particular site's bent, they do however ring true of my experience of conditions at the place I currently work. Even if the comments were selected, the contributors may not have been prompted to tell outright lies. Unfortunately, the comments do not seem outlandish.  

48 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

This looks like a partial cut and paste of reviews from glassdoor.co.uk, having ten of the 15 reviews that are on the other site.  The average score on glassdoor is 2.3. 

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

Very much this!

Mr Steve Jay is very much a hater of everything CRT, him and the floater are a little tedious.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, GoodGurl said:

found this site that shows comments from staff working at CRT it seems theres a lot of unhappy staff.

http://stevjay.simplesite.com/419998921

I found this simple in life, if I didn't like it I simply moved on, did it several times no point in moaning just do something about it. That's why for the last several years I was self employed and made my own way in life. Having a boss is simply the worst aspect of working life.

18 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I found this simple in life, if I didn't like it I simply moved on, did it several times no point in moaning just do something about it. That's why for the last several years I was self employed and made my own way in life. Having a boss is simply the worst aspect of working life.

I did that until i found a job that suited me for twenty years, then had built up enough experience to move on again for the last ten of my working life until i retired a few years back.  When i started work though, back in the 70's, you could pick up reasonably paid work anywhere, however unskilled you were.  You simply can't do that now - most available work is either minimum wage rip offs anyway, or fake self employment where you are tied to one employer but with none of the benefits of actual employment.  And most people aren;t really suited to the pressures of genuine self employment.

19 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

An honest comment. Not everyone is cut out to be self employable.

Well I have just retired, last week actualy and giving it a try :o not convinced I can hack it and may have to do another little business soon but will give it a try. If any forum member hears of me buying a " Newspaper " or taking up " Golf " please have me euthenised.

8 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

I see "elsewhere" that Jenlyn has admitted he has removed some of the comments on the feed.
I presume the positive ones.

You seem so very keen on visiting often Graham, why not post where he has a 'right to reply'?

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Well I have just retired, last week actualy and giving it a try :o not convinced I can hack it and may have to do another little business soon but will give it a try. If any forum member hears of me buying a " Newspaper " or taking up " Golf " please have me euthenised.

I retired 4 years ago - early because I had reached the stage where it was no longer a matter of listening to the 'management speak' but having to take part, to recite this rubbish to those who I managed. I found it impossible, I just left.

Tim, I have not purchased a newspaper or taken up golf (or even considered either). You will be fine!

I am considering replacing my pump-out with a compostor but everyone is allowed a little eccentricity in retirement.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I retired 4 years ago - early because I had reached the stage where it was no longer a matter of listening to the 'management speak' but having to take part, to recite this rubbish to those who I managed. I found it impossible, I just left.

Long time retired but share your views. Blue sky thinking days and role playing sessions led by a bright young thing fresh from kindergarten. 

At least with role playing you could always sabotage it just enough to ensure that you were never going to be picked for the jobs you didn't want. As Alan Davies said on QI if you don't want a specific job then wear sandals to the interview. 

Edited by reg

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

I found that being retired freed up almost enough time to maintain my boat properly (almost but not enough) :P.

• Greenie 1

28 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I found that being retired freed up almost enough time to maintain my boat properly (almost but not enough) :P.

Somehow I find that very reassuring.

I if you can't quite keep up, how can I be expected to do so. My boat is twenty-odd miles away while your's is twenty-odd yards.