Lister SL3 gearbox NOT engine

Lister Boy

Featured Posts

Hi,

I purchased a ST2 with fwd / rev / reduction gearbox as I needed an engine. Looking at the gearbox the brass plate states that it is an SL3 gearbox - I was expecting it to be a LM100. It fits per a LM in all manners but, I have not had one before. Where does such a gearbox fit into the Lister fwd / rev gearbox range? 

I guess while typing does anyone need one? What is the going rate for one?

Mike 07902 924007

20160918_160856.jpg

20160918_160712.jpg

20160918_160739.jpg

1. I think that it is a L100. Looks identical to me.

2. Last photo - I have no idea what this is showing as far as the red oxide painted thing is concerned. It looks like a reduction box that is normally bolted to the back of the gearbox (as shown in photo 2) but it seems to be bolted to a plate that fixes to the engine flywheel housing. This will give a dropped, reduction drive for a non-reversing permanent drive system but can.t thing of a marine propulsion application.

My guess is the value is whatever someone will pay for it at the time. If you can find someone with a dead box then they might pay two or three hundred pounds, but as it will probably be in an old boat they may well want to spend rather less. If no one wants it as a "private" sale then its whatever the Ebay bid is so probably from 50p

It's an LM100.

Tony, the red primer one is of a piece of industrial plant, notice it has an extra housing bolted onto the back to support the larger output shaft

Price - would you like a few more? We get offered them frequently

Richard

7 minutes ago, RLWP said:

It's an LM100.

Tony, the red primer one is of a piece of industrial plant, notice it has an extra housing bolted onto the back to support the larger output shaft

Price - would you like a few more? We get offered them frequently

Richard

All as I suspected. make a good mud weight though.

Just now, Tony Brooks said:

All as I suspected. make a good mud weight though.

It might provide parts for a reduction box, I'd have to check part numbers. I know we have some reduction box cases drilled to take the extra bearing housing

Richard

The SL and LM  gear boxes had slightly different cases and different reduction gears units. The SL box had only four drillings for bolting the reduction box on the back and rhe reduction box is smaller with smaller gears and thrust bearing and also has about 1/2'' less  drop than the bigger LM reduction box (as depicted) which is held on by five studs and nuts, that extra nut at the top of it.

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

The SL and LM  gear boxes had slightly different cases and different reduction gears units. The SL box had only four drillings for bolting the reduction box on the back and rhe reduction box is smaller with smaller gears and thrust bearing and also has about 1/2'' less  drop than the bigger LM reduction box (as depicted) which is held on by five studs and nuts, that extra nut at the top of it.

This box has the later reduction box and gears. 

Richard