Inverter remote control

Su Jonesy

Featured Posts

Tried other socket no change bulk and absorption light staying on. I am using the original remote wire from my old inverter which was a Victron Phoenix my new inverter is  a victron blue power with the relevant new remote panel. It is a 12v 2000va 80amp.

Edited by Su Jonesy
info

As far as I can see both the Phoenix and the Blue Power use a standard RJ45 cable for the remote so either the cable is faulty (easy to check by substitution) or one of the units is faulty. If a new cable doesn’t bring it to life then I guess you need to speak to the retailer.

Anywhere near Onboard Energy at Springwood? They’ll sort it in seconds. 

Thanks guys. Have tried everything. Including manual reading and contacting supplier( waiting to see if they know why they seem to be passing the problem amongst themselves at the minute). Think I have set the the remote on correct settings but the bulk and absorption lights are still staying on. 

Hmm, I don't wish to appear out of step, but if it's an inverter, as the OP stated in post #1, it won't be doing bulk and absorption - that's chargers. If I read correctly, he says he's replaced a Phoenix with a  Blue Power (post #6) - isn't the Phoenix an inverter and the Blue Power a charger?  However, the 12v 2000va 80a (also post #6) suggests a Combi - isn't Victron's Combi is a Multiplus? Given this, is the original panel compatible with the new unit? Lastly, the charger shouldn't be doing anything if the shore supply line isn't connected. Is it just me or do we need a bit of clarification? 

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

isn't the Phoenix an inverter and the Blue Power a charger?

Yes, quite right :)

You’re correct that we need some clarification here because as it stands it makes no sense. 

Well pointed out!

It is a Multiplus Compact Victron blue power. The Phoenix control doesn't work with the inverter, But then again neither does the new one. The inverter works with remote cable in but as soon as it is plugged into control is flashes the absorption and bulk lights. I have tries following the instructions, even down to factory reset with dip switches, as shown in manual. I am still waiting for supplier to get back to me. I am not near Springwood also I am not a he, not that should make a difference.

Edited by Su Jonesy

Apologies for changing your sex :)

‘Victron Multiplus’ is the magic phrase and now we know what it is then we’re back where we were earlier, namely that one of the units or the cable is faulty.

Retailer job as you’re nowhere near Kevin at Onboard Energy.