Shut Yer Gob!

system 4-50

Featured Posts

About 4 weeks ago, I arrived at my boat to start a cruise in the middle of the night. As I loaded stuff on to the boat in the dark in a wooded area, I was talking to another member of the family and suddenly an insect flew into my mouth and straight down my throat. It decided to get stuck well down my throat. I couldn't get it out and I couldn't get it to go down, even with food and water.

4 weeks later I still have a sore throat though it is not getting any worse. So, with the greatest respect, please can I say to you all, "Shut your mouth!"         (when working in the dark.) 

Many years ago a friend swallowed a bee whilst out motorcycling. Ended up in hospital, was touch and go for an hour or two. Also in a bug related attack, I ended up in my last and only visit to hospital in the last thirty odd years, due to a moth in my ear. Be safe people, it's a dangerous world Out there!    Ian.

7 hours ago, BruceinSanity said:

Pub quiz question I encountered earlier this year: How many legs altogether did the old woman swallow?

A keep-the-kids-entertained-on-a-car-journey game from my wife's childhood was to count the legs on pub signs passed along the route. So The Marquis of Granby ,was worth 2, the Red Lion - 4, The Coach and Horses - 4 times the number of horses, but the winner was the person who spotted the World Upside Down pub in the Old Kent Road!

3 hours ago, David Mack said:

A keep-the-kids-entertained-on-a-car-journey game from my wife's childhood was to count the legs on pub signs passed along the route. So The Marquis of Granby ,was worth 2, the Red Lion - 4, The Coach and Horses - 4 times the number of horses, but the winner was the person who spotted the World Upside Down pub in the Old Kent Road!

I remember from many years ago, in something like the I-Spy books, this being referred to as 'pub sign cricket'.  Your 'innings' continued until your opponent spotted a sign with no legs, then you were out and then your opponent was 'in'.

8 hours ago, David Mack said:

We used to play this. Our winner was 'The army and navy' in Chelmsford. 

When my kids were young we would get them to say volvovovovovovovo as we overhauled a big truck on the motorway in our slow VW camper (or when going uphill when the truck overhauled us), one 'vo' for each axle as it went past.  Then we invented scanianianianianianiania.  My son, now 40, has been an avid vehicle observer ever since.