Ponies at the Greyhound

frahkn

Featured Posts

Yesterday, about 5.30 I was having a few in the Greyhound at Hawkesbury Junction.

Six ponies walked up by the lock and wandered around, grazing at the junction.

Nobody seemed to be in charge of them and no-one intervened while I was watching. This morning, except for an inordinate amount of horse dung, there was no sign of them.

They musy have changed their br

5 hours ago, frahkn said:

Yesterday, about 5.30 I was having a few in the Greyhound at Hawkesbury Junction.

Six ponies walked up by the lock and wandered around, grazing at the junction.

Nobody seemed to be in charge of them and no-one intervened while I was watching. This morning, except for an inordinate amount of horse dung, there was no sign of them.

They must have changed the brews they sell  the brew's they use to sell never used to have that effect :lol: Guess some one's fence gave upin a field bordering the towpath so they thought they would have a "bit of a promenade"

Cart have a current committee trying to come up with a no defecating horse sign for hawksbury.  They will have several consultations and a few meetings. By the time they have finished the horses will be able to reach the off towpath vegitation load and a new green solution to the problem will be established.

hopefuly the licence checkers will be tasked with collecting the result and will sell it via crt auction to the highest bidder so those who insist on covering their boat with floral arrangements to inhibit navigation can add crap to the crap.

. I was doing the engine check there last year and stood up to a horses head peering in the engine room. It muttered something about 18 horse power and stealing their jobs.

• Haha 3

Ive had it on good authority that it only  has a decent sale price if its offered still steaming :lol: as the lady of the manor said to the tramp when he asked if she could put some salt on the piece of horse muck he had "Oh you poor dear go to the stable & get a warm piece"