Email from cart

bigcol

Featured Posts

Who else has got this email from Cart.

reading through, all I can see is how greedy they like to be.

thinking that early licence payers discount too much at 10 %

charging more for wide beams perhaps 25 to 50% on a licence fee

looking at historic boat licences

bla bla bla 

regards to widebeams not having the whole net work to cruise

i think there’s many places in the whole net work, or main net work that any boat cannot navigate properly due to non dredging or not enough water.

freinds of ours left in their narrowboat, through lack of water leaving Milton Keynes couldn’t get to three locks!

they must of sat down arround a table, knowing that they know what they want to do, but let’s put it in the hands of licence payers to make and participate this transition into increasing licence fees, but in fact the disision has been made.

i bet they’ve sat arround the board room table, working out the size of pay rises the directors and board members will get next year.

caravan brochures and new cars etc.

what makes me sick, is that us boaters are told that their putting in our court, a consultation, 

letting us think individually, at the end of it, we’ve agreed and passed this on as our ideas.

Yet we know they like and have wasted money, and will continue to waste money as long as they have holes in their bums.

sorry but yes I can fill in the survey, email back, make phone calls but their going to do what they want anyway.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/CRT-Licensing-Consultation-2017/?m=2628556558obs

Lol

thats the first mistake I made?

i have not completed any survey?

7 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I can only imagine that Bigcol hasn't read the email right through. It is a consultation - present tense, so still in progress.

Ian. This has been discussed, and decided on already.

please anybody that thinks that CART or any  customer consultation is down to a customers desision, it’s not.

the draft or idea is in the pipe line.

they just want to say that they put it up for consultation when it’s put into practice.

col

• Greenie 1

Clicking on the link tells me that the survey has already been answered from this pc. Can't actually remember doing it and more than likely haven't. I'm not really a survey answering sort of person. Anyway, my opinion of CRT's rip-off mentality is conveyed in the signature below.

The link posted by BigCol is linked to his email address, so unreadable by anyone else.

I got the impression that they weren't aiming to alter the global income from boaters, more asking suggestions how to alter the license fees payable by different types of boater.

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Clicking on the link tells me that the survey has already been answered from this pc. Can't actually remember doing it and more than likely haven't. I'm not really a survey answering sort of person. Anyway, my opinion of CRT's rip-off mentality is conveyed in the signature below.

2 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Like wise

weve been counted as filling in the survey lol

5 minutes ago, Higgs said:

If you clicked the link in the OPs post it wont, its his survey not yours.

Off course costs will increase

Just  hinting that the trust aren’t getting the right revenue, by applying the 10% early payment discount

other ways of obtaining more money from a boat owner, other that or just increasing the normal licence fee.

5 minutes ago, bigcol said:

Off course costs will increase

Just  hinting that the trust aren’t getting the right revenue, by applying the 10% early payment discount

other ways of obtaining more money from a boat owner, other that or just increasing the normal licence fee.

Yes, they already do that. CRT charge for a licence fee in places that they aren't legally entitled to charge one for.

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

If you clicked the link in the OPs post it wont, its his survey not yours.

If you remove the tags - personalisation -  at the end of the link you can see and complete the whole questionnaire - whether  it will be accepted , I know not

If there are significant increases it will lead to more people evading payment, which could lead to an overall  reduction in income.

One suggestion in the survey  is to remove the one day license. A lot of small boats arrive by trailer and a one day pass is ideal. It should be possible to buy a one day pass more easily - online or by phone or some other simple means. The current payment system is inflexible and inefficient. That is part of the problem

26 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

I had to smile at the comment about removing early payment discount as late payment is now not a problem. DER !!!

6 minutes ago, Goliath said:

We're all doomed. 

i really want to have a good rant on this..  I'll wait till I'm sober.

I must admit Brummies obversation is what made me wobble a bit

calm calm calm

Ref the 10% discount for early payment - I recall them consulting  on this before, and the CRT money bods just don't get it

1 - it helps people prioritise and put the CRT licence at the top of their payment list, ahead of any other payment where early bird payment is not offered. 

2 - it's a golden rule of pricing (but not a generally made public) that the discounted price is the real price, the amount you need to make the deal stack up, and everything else is extra over and above this. You budget on the discount. Why? Because so many of your customers are eligible for it. On a steam train 2/3rd of the customers are "concessionary" rate, so you budget on that, CRT should do the same.

LOL it says that this survey has already been filled in from this computer or words to that effect. I most certainly haven't filled it in EVER. I haven't held a licence for two years since I got rid of my boat.

I've not clicked on any links, but as a narrowboater and someone who also moves boats,  I currently can't get to the River Soar  unless I go the wrong way round, and from November 6th can't get there at all until after 16th March.

So what am I getting that widebeam owners don't get.

Silly management messing around with something for messing arounds sake.

You could even imagine that Sally Ash is still involved.... 

50% more for fat boats, full price for butties and historic boats, a 1000% surcharge for London boaters, 50% surcharge for live aboard CCers - does this mean my marina-moored leisure narrowboat will now be free? Goodie!

1 hour ago, magpie patrick said:

Ref the 10% discount for early payment - I recall them consulting  on this before, and the CRT money bods just don't get it

1 - it helps people prioritise and put the CRT licence at the top of their payment list, ahead of any other payment where early bird payment is not offered. 

2 - it's a golden rule of pricing (but not a generally made public) that the discounted price is the real price, the amount you need to make the deal stack up, and everything else is extra over and above this. You budget on the discount. Why? Because so many of your customers are eligible for it. On a steam train 2/3rd of the customers are "concessionary" rate, so you budget on that, CRT should do the same.

One of their reasons is that most people now pay in a timely manner so the discount is unnecessary. Hmmm, have they thought how things might progress if they remove said discount? They are a bit thick!

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

50% more for fat boats, full price for butties and historic boats, a 1000% surcharge for London boaters, 50% surcharge for live aboard CCers - does this mean my marina-moored leisure narrowboat will now be free? Goodie!

People living in areas outside of the English canal system(foreigners )will pay a special licence fee approximately double of the normal licence fee.

This is due to the low value of the pound at present. Scotland will be included in this as it is evident from the Sturgeon that the Scottish want to leave the UK even though they didn't in the last referendum.