Fake pumpout card

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

Hmmm interesting, I wonder if they will end up this end of the K and A. Are they being sold from official outlets or 'privately' does anyone know? The notice says ask for a refund but it is not clear where they are available.

26 minutes ago, Meanderingviking said:

The notice says ask for a refund but it is not clear where they are available.

But it does say "return to where you bought it from  ...". If you bought one from a dodgy guy in a pub you probably won't have much luck though - in fact trying to get money back from whoever went to the bother of printing them doesn't sound like it would do you any good either.

unless you have a very well built mate with you :)

CaRT self pumpouts are at the top end of self pumpout prices and a few of the machines give a bit of trouble so I am not completely surprised that somebody has decoded to cheat.

I am assuming that this is a blank card that somebody has tried to write with the CaRT code (and failed), but maybe its just a chancer selling a totally unrelated card.

...........Dave

16 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

If you try to use one of these 'cheaper' cards you are trying to defraud CRT. 

You'll get no sympathy from me. 

It's no better than common thievery.

Indeed, if they had worked and taken to its logical conclusion CRT would be left with all of the maintenance costs and none of the income.

Then they would have stopped offering pump-outs spoiling it for everyone who uses them. 

31 minutes ago, dmr said:

CaRT self pumpouts are at the top end of self pumpout prices and a few of the machines give a bit of trouble so I am not completely surprised that somebody has decoded to cheat.

I am assuming that this is a blank card that somebody has tried to write with the CaRT code (and failed), but maybe its just a chancer selling a totally unrelated card.

...........Dave

Google goes RAM it would seem they print the Divi cards so presumably print the real CRT ones. So perhaps someone came across the RAM branded ones and thought it a good idea to sell them on. 

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

This has just come up on Facebook, I have copied it without getting the posters information, so hopefully I wont be in trouble again. 

It looks as if someone is selling dodgy pump out cards on the K&A

Capture.JPG

Who knows what a pump-out card looks before buying one anyway ? The cost and number of units doesn't help.  Even then, how do we recognise a fake card ?  I would have to take the seller an card at face value, and find out later that it was  a dud one.

And if it is a widespread fraud known to CRT,  why have we not been emailed by CRT to warn us of the risk.

But why bother, if the cards don't work, it won't cost CRT anything - unless an irate boater blames the pump and puts the boot in.

10 minutes ago, Horace42 said:

Who knows what a pump-out card looks before buying one anyway ? The cost and number of units doesn't help.  Even then, how do we recognise a fake card ?  I would have to take the seller an card at face value, and find out later that it was  a dud one.

And if it is a widespread fraud known to CRT,  why have we not been emailed by CRT to warn us of the risk.

But why bother, if the cards don't work, it won't cost CRT anything - unless an irate boater blames the pump and puts the boot in.

Sorry but I don't have a pump out so don't use CRT cards but I'm well aware of what they look like. And, I doubt these fake cards are being sold through legitimate outlets so surely you would be wary when buying them.