Back Boiler connection

Featured Posts

So, I managed to get the boiler into my shiny new squirrel (well it was).The two connections on the back have Iron fittings which connect to the copper pipework.

Question. Do I need to put any gunk on the threads, hemp etc. If so, what do people recommend for a long leak free future (the boiler, not me)

Thanks

22 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

So, I managed to get the boiler into my shiny new squirrel (well it was).The two connections on the back have Iron fittings which connect to the copper pipework.

Question. Do I need to put any gunk on the threads, hemp etc. If so, what do people recommend for a long leak free future (the boiler, not me)

Thanks

I'm going to report you to the RSPCA, fancy inserting a boiler into a squirrel. I hope it wasn't a red one! :o

Think I will bung some of this on it

https://www.screwfix.com/p/fernox-hawk-white-jointing-compound-400g/69694

Or this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Henkel-Loctite-Pipe-Sealing-Cord/dp/B0083TWKIK

Choices ,choices

43 minutes ago, canals are us? said:

When I have installed boilers in stoves. On some of the fittings the inside has a flat ring/shelf inside where you can place a fibre seal inside and that compresses against that and the boiler stub. If not use plenty of PTFE tape. Both seem to work.

James.

Thanks James.Yes, the locking nut does have a ring/shelf, but no fibre seals (perhaps they disintegrated)

Edited by rusty69

9 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Think I will bung some of this on it

https://www.screwfix.com/p/fernox-hawk-white-jointing-compound-400g/69694

Thanks James.Yes, the locking nut does have a ring/shelf, but no fibre seals (perhaps they disintegrated)

The boss white gets good reviews, but not had need to try it. Possibly replace seal and use boss white.

James.

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Thanks

Ive just seen this after repliying to you other thread :banghead: Did you manage to do it before you took it to bits?