Mppt charge controller

Pastida@1

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, smiler said:

I guess I fell into the newbie trap:mellow:

I will bow down to the superior knowledge of the forum members in future :argue:

Thanks for the warm welcome :cheers:

It is almost certain that everyone on here has fallen into the Newbie naive trap at some point in their boating life  nothing wrong with that all part of the learning process. The sign of a fool, or perhaps a genius,  is to persist against all advice at least you've just proven your not a fool. So welcome to the forum. If you are a genius and can get me 15 years free electricity for £175 then I will bow down before you and say all hail the Smiler. :cheers:

37 minutes ago, Pastida@1 said:

I still think wind power has a future on narrowboats if a few issues can be overcome lol :)

Knew you were a trouble maker:P

Edited by reg

6 minutes ago, reg said:

It is almost certain that everyone on here has fallen into the Newbie naive trap at some point in their boating life  nothing wrong with that all part of the learning process. The sign of a fool, or perhaps a genius,  is to persist against all advice at least you've just proven your not a fool. So welcome to the forum. If you are a genius and can get me 12 years free electricity for £275 then I will bow down before you and say all hail the Smiler. 

Although not a NB, here`s one I built earlier.....

bdwm5333.jpg

It`s not quite there yet - still cost a bit in Pedigree Chum to turn the pedals in the back. :judge:

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, smiler said:

Although not a NB, here`s one I built earlier.....

bdwm5333.jpg

It`s not quite there yet - still cost a bit in Pedigree Chum to turn the pedals in the back. :judge:

I can see you're going to fit in well here. Welcome to the forum!

18 hours ago, smiler said:

Swings and roundabouts = pluses and minuses

Plus...

After initial outlay + maintenance costs = a way to trickle a bit of charge into your batteries if the sun don`t shine for a couple of weeks

An alternative to running an engine to boost empty batteries

Minus...

Initial outlay

Noise/vibration

I appreciate the "it's a waste of time comment" but for me personally it could be used as a back-up

People used to tell me there was a tooth-fairy - you don`t always have to believe everything you're told. :rolleyes:

You've missed out the main minus, which is that  a wind generator produces so little power, that you will still need to spend as much as you would have done without a wind generator, to obtain the power you need (in the winter months only, if you have solar), whether that be by running your engine, using a generator or paying for a mooring with shore power.

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I can see you're going to fit in well here. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome

TBH - I think the hole I dug myself in my previous posts got a bit too deep - I`ve put the spade back in the garden shed. :wacko:

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

15 hours ago, smiler said:

Thanks for the welcome

TBH - I think the hole I dug myself in my previous posts got a bit too deep - I`ve put the spade back in the garden shed. :wacko:

Not the only one to do it and not the most serious either because you were just expressing an opinion. When I first started on here about 11 years ago I posted incorrect info on electrical wiring and was attacked, quite rightly, by a shoal of Forum piranha. Lesson (almost) learnt. There is a wealth of experience on here and conversely a wealth of inexperience its just a question of being able to identify which is which. 

For the old timers on here it was mainly Gibbo who had a go at me, again quite rightly. I stood no chance. Still stub my toe from time to time but soon get nudged back into line. 

Again welcome. 

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1