Window recommendations, double glazed.

Featured Posts

I'm painting my boat currently and with the winds last night noticed how drafty the old windows are. The seals have gone hard and shrunk on the hoppers and I thought I may well replace them with new double glazed windows. I have 6x 24x30 inches and one 18x24. Thinking standard hopper style with radius bottom. Or full opening glass.

Looking for recommendations for a marine window manufacturer. I have emailed Wesley marine and channel glaze. Need to phone Worcester windows. Are there other manufacturers? Ideally like laminated glazing rather than toughened.

How long does a double glazed units last on a boat before the seals go? Anyone claimed under warranty? 

My single glazed windows are 19 years old.  Budget, ideally under £2000 with me fitting them.

Many thanks. James.

I am very pleased with the Caldwells units fitted by Aintree Boats to the Beetle.   Unfortunately their website is not very good but the glass seems to be separated by thick rubber/plastic and can be lifted out with it's frame from the outer frame, so good for summer too.

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:34, JamesFrance said:

I am very pleased with the Caldwells units fitted by Aintree Boats to the Beetle.   Unfortunately their website is not very good but the glass seems to be separated by thick rubber/plastic and can be lifted out with it's frame from the outer frame, so good for summer too.

Thanks for your recommendation, I have just sent them an email.

I have emailed 4 suppliers so far.

James:cheers:

Edited by canals are us?