looked at a few boats

rbrtcrowther

Featured Posts

this little boat is perfect and appears well maintained... Engine looked good with a bit of diesel leakage from one or those crappy cav fuel filters that they insist on fitting... However it was sstc at 20 odd grand but the survey was stopped early as it needs a full overplate.. We may price up the work if its still on the market... http://www.abcboatsales.com/boat-sales/titus/

1 hour ago, rbrtcrowther said:

this little boat is perfect and appears well maintained... Engine looked good with a bit of diesel leakage from one or those crappy cav fuel filters that they insist on fitting... However it was sstc at 20 odd grand but the survey was stopped early as it needs a full overplate.. We may price up the work if its still on the market... http://www.abcboatsales.com/boat-sales/titus/

If it matters, that's not a Colecraft shell.  Almost certainly Hancock & lane and may very well be a wet bilge boat.  

Once again it has to be a give away price, it doesn't make a lot of sense to overplate such a small boat.  

On 10/3/2017 at 21:56, rbrtcrowther said:

Hi everyone, well we had a day out and went to look at a few potential boats some slightly over budget some under budget and a couple right on.. Well it seems in our price range there will be some work to do which we don't mind. Be it cosmetic internal on a good hull or overplating where the boat is priced accordingly. I did look at one boat and it fitted our requirements perfectly regards layout,length bits and bobs and it even has two side hatches with steps.... But bugger me its rough... The hatches in the floor are rotten. Its a generally crusty all over but nothing that worries me. The bottom bearing in the rudder is baggy. The engine looked ok sat in its own puddle of oil and diesel.... The main issues are the bilge is wet and manky possibly from rain leaking through the side hatches which only need fettling. But it could be a wet bilge boat as I couldn't see a shower tray pump.... And the main concern is the previous over plate work... Apparently it had a 10 mm bottom pitted to 6mm so received a full 6.mm base plate and 6mm side plate from the swim forward... In 2011. Thoughts please.. Anyone else looked at its sorry state... The chap at whilton said it was one of theirs... What do you think its worth? I'd thought about offering 10grand for the boat plus a deal on bringing the hull and floors up to standard but have read horrendous stories about whilton.

Walk or better still run away there are more & better specimens with For Sale it just a matter of looking