If....

MtB

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

If.....   Brilliant if rather violent cult film from the 60s    Malcolm McDowell's first starring role.

A marvellous film which I remember seeing as a new release. M. McDowell as the lead character perfected that look of supercilious insolence which anyone who was ever taught (especially, perhaps, in independent schools) will recognise. (Not just in pupils either - I had a headmaster once who was very good at it, indeed it was about the only thing he was good at).

8 hours ago, David Mack said:

... a picture paints a thousand words...

(as an image of gravelly-voiced Telly Savalas comes into my mind)

So... Telly Savalas is the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw the thread title as well.

Annoying, it should really have been David Gates and/or Bread. I really don't want the Kojak version rattling round in my head all day today. 

I'll have to put some Travelling Wilburys and Tom Petty stuff on and kill two birds with one stone.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ok I'll explain as no-one seems to understand. 

:

I understood perfectly well, but your title still reminded me of the film. I am pleased to say that it did not remind me of Telly Kojak at all.

Have you noticed a recent trend for people to start their reply to any question with the word "So"? It appears to be replacing the common "Well", the Aussie "Look" and the less decisive "Er", and arguably makes less sense than any of them.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ok I'll explain as no-one seems to understand. 

It was a reference to complaints contained in this thread:

I reckon they did, they were just winding you up.

37 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

.....I think it's a bit mean to kill birds and seriously doubt you could do it with one stone.

Not mean when applied to the bloody wood pigeons that keep visiting my garden to nick the food put out for the sparrows, robins, tits etc. and then leave their crap all over the place to add insult to injury.

Unfortunately they're too quick for me no matter how many stones I use.

11 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

I reckon they did, they were just winding you up.

Not mean when applied to the bloody wood pigeons that keep visiting my garden to nick the food put out for the sparrows, robins, tits etc. and then leave their crap all over the place to add insult to injury.

Unfortunately they're too quick for me no matter how many stones I use.

If............you are referring to Wood Pigeons then I am with you all the way. (There....back on topic)

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

If............you are referring to Wood Pigeons then I am with you all the way. (There....back on topic)

So.... glad you agree with me on that.

If.... only I could find a way to get rid of the buggers.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Have you noticed a recent trend for people to start their reply to any question with the word "So"? It appears to be replacing the common "Well", the Aussie "Look" and the less decisive "Er", and arguably makes less sense than any of them.

Yes. 

Next question?