Bridgewater permits and licenses

gigoguy

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, gigoguy said:

So let me get this clear.....just for the record like.

If a tree stands on your land and is......protected by a tpo, is over a certain size, your land is a protected area.....then you don't have permission to do with it as you will....correct?

As I said as long as it is not protected by the various constraints,  fill your boots

If a tree is protected by a TPO and it becomes diseased it you can appeal the TPO and have it felled.

I suspect there any many ways of making a tree diseased...

Edited by cuthound
Autowrong corrected again!

1 hour ago, gigoguy said:

My point was that you can't do what you want with something just because you own it, if you don't have permission. An example I gave was trees.....Graham said you can cut them down. He sent me a link to a web site. It said you can't without permission..........and so you can't without permission...... if etc etc

Graham is the one who likes to be pedantic and in a court of law he'd have his testicles removed for such an obvious school boy error

So....you  can't do what you want with something just because you own it if you don't have permission. Trees being an example....would you agree?

No, you are wrong again!!
And your insults are now getting childish.

41 minutes ago, gigoguy said:

You can't do what you want with it if you don't have permission........so being protected means you don't have permission is that right? Being over a certain cc you don't have permission is that also right? Being in a conservation area you don't have permission.....right again?

There is a tree in my garden.
I am NOT in a Conservation Zone.
The tree does NOT have a TPO.
The trunk is less than 75cm.
The volume is less than 15 cu mt.
Therefore I can cut it down without asking permission of anyone!

Even those whose occupation was/is to do with timber are telling you this, but you still cannot accept it!!

The only active thread by you on TB is the usual insulting one under CWDF, and I don't think you "have ruffled any feathers" or "won over a few to the cause" here at all. Quite the opposite.
And I do love the way they can't even spell my name correctly!

Edited by Graham Davis

16 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

Even those whose occupation was/is to do with timber are telling you this, but you still cannot accept it!!

The only active thread by you on TB is the usual insulting one under CWDF, and I don't think you "have ruffled any feathers" or "won over a few to the cause" here at all. Quite the opposite.

You can't do what you want unless you have permission. How much clearer does that need to be. You can charge for passage IF you have permission, you can charge to park IF you have permission, you can cut down a tree IF you have permission you can do anything IF you have permission. Without permission you CAN'T do it no matter where it is, what it is or who says they own it.

Edited by Dave_P

27 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

And your insults are now getting childish.

Still is, although I point at stuff nowadays,  my climbing days are over :)

3 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Still is, although I point at stuff nowadays,  my climbing days are over :)

I've got a 500 year old oak standing in my garden. Although i own the house i live in a National park the tree is protected as part of an ancient forest. It's blocking the light from my kitchen can you come and chop it down  for me. I think it's about 7,000 ct.

If you get a fine just send it to Mr Davis he'll pay it for you

Edited by gigoguy

1 minute ago, gigoguy said:

I've got a 500 year old oak standing in my garden. Although i own the house i live in a National park the tree is protected as part of an ancient forest. It's blocking the light from my kitchen can you come and chop it down  for me. I think it's about 7,000 ct

You are a very very lucky man then, I would happily offer you my professional opinion on how best to retain the tree safely but at the same time if I considered it dangerous I would also help you with your dealings with the local TO on how to deal with the issue

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

You are a very very lucky man then, I would happily offer you my professional opinion on how best to retain the tree safely but at the same time if I considered it dangerous I would also help you with your dealings with the local TO on how to deal with the issue

So just cutting it down in the middle of the night isn't really on then....even though it's in my garden?

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

As I have said as long as it isn't covered by the various constraints, fill your boots

So to answer my question..............No it isn't allowed and yes I'd get into trouble for it...because as I have said it is protected

Edited by gigoguy

Just now, tree monkey said:

Well as I keep saying, as long as the tree isn't covered by the various constraints, fill your boots

And as I keep saying being covered by constraints STOPS me from doing what I want........or am I wrong and you are right. That having constraints means I can ignore them and do what I want anyway?

3 minutes ago, gigoguy said:

And as I keep saying being covered by constraints STOPS me from doing what I want........or am I wrong and you are right. That having constraints means I can ignore them and do what I want anyway?

As I keep saying,  as long as the tree isn't covered by the various constraints, fill your boots

Just now, tree monkey said:

Because the tree has had some planning constraints placed upon it

explain........can i cut it down without asking them or not? Isn't it MY tree in MY garden on MY land.........what's it got to do with them if it's got constraints or not?

1 minute ago, gigoguy said:

explain........can i cut it down without asking them or not? Isn't it MY tree in MY garden on MY land.........what's it got to do with them if it's got constraints or not?

If the tree hasn't been covered by the various constraints fill your boots