Editing time limit

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I recently went back to a post after an hour to edit links which I hadn't done properly, but the edit button had disappeared.

What is the time limit for editing posts?

I asked this question some time ago, and various people rsponsded with various time :o

I can edit my post for maybe an hour, other said 24 or 48 hours.

Certainly I think an hour is too short a time as a post written before going to bed may not have its mistake noticed until the next morning, by which time it's too late. 

Edited by cuthound
Clarification

10 minutes ago, DHutch said:

I did search for 'editing'  before asking the question, but got no results, but I see 'editing' appears only in the title of your link, not in any of the posts! So the basic search excludes topic titles - another thing to keep in mind (I know you can specify titles in the advanced search).

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, frangar said:

Just found this too!! Hardly progress!! Can we get rid of the time limit??

I don't think that would be a good idea.  Being able to go back and edit any of your posts could make nonsense of some threads.

I wasn't complaining about the limit, just asking what it was.  I think an hour is OK.

I’m not so sure. Some might totally change their posts I suppose but if you’ve had a brain wobble or mistyped it’s really annoying when you notice it a bit later. Especially if like me you are dyslexic and can’t always see what is wrong at first.