2 seater sofa bed

Movin' on

Featured Posts

Hi,

I'm looking for tips (based on actual experience please) of good quality 2str sofa beds preferably those made for narrow-boats and probably "self assembly".

I have found NABRU what are they like any issues with assembly quality after sales etc etc

What else is out there - price isn't the main issue - quality and comfort definitely is as we are boaters of a certain age with all that entails!

Thanks all

Had a Nabro sofa-bed for five years on the boat. Assembly was easy in a couple of hours. It is still going strong. The only sign of wear is its occasional use as an unauthorised cat scratching post and Nabro can't be blamed for that, unless the cat is called Nabro of course. It arrived well packed and shrink wrapped on a half pallet. Delivery was fast. No idea on after sales service as it hasn't needed any. Would buy one again when this one disintegrates.

Jen

I bought this http://www.sofasworld.co.uk/p/Jasmin_3_Seater_Futon.htm They do sell a 2-seater version.  It was delivered right into the boat.  This was fortunate because frame and mattress are heavy.  Delivery was prompt and by two men.  It's very comfy to sleep on.  Would a 2-seater be long enough for you?  Anyway, I can recommend SofasWorld for choice, value and service.

Got ours from this firm selling this one very comfortable storage underneath, 2 men delivered put in boat just screwed the feet on no having to fix together http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NARROWBOAT-SAGE-GREEN-SOFA-BED-4-SEAT-STORAGE-204CM-CLICK-CLACK-PIMLICO-CHENILLE-/263234494495?hash=item3d49ffa01f:g:wUkAAOxy14VRWV1u

We have a Wilsons bed settee. Expensive but comfortable. Fits under gunnel but we have ours across the boat.

if you can put up with Mr Wilsons rude Yorkshire sense of humour which is borderline plain rudeness and sense of humour. You get my drift.

Not sure if he still operates.

In the days of old - remember studio couches  -  they were about £25 at the time (mid 50's) but on inspection were nothing more than two single beds hinged in the middle.

So not being able to afford that sort of money -  I bought a couple of ex MOD steel framed single beds complete with 'straw' mattresses at auction -  about £2.10s the lot - and tied them on to the sidecar of our motorbike combination to take them home and made a studio couch. Worked at treat! Comfort was typical of the mattresses of the day.

Not suggesting you do that - but I offer the idea of a ready made studio couch as possible answer. The simple ones don't usually have arm rests (for use as a seat,) but that is a good point because they add bulk to the body - which complicates conversion and take up useful space. 

following this with interest as we're currently researching a change of seating for the saloon, dependant on all sharers being in agreement (unlikely)

shortlist so far is this one: http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/texas-sofa-bed/?variantSku=NISTEX001

a lot depends on the space you have, and most will get ruled out by the dimensions of the piece when its in either bed or sofa mode. so measure everything, twice ;)

The Wilson sofas all seem to open across the boat, thus filling the full width. Whereas the click clack sofas open such that the longer edge of the bed is lengthways along the boat, thus leaving a gap along the length of the boat.

I have a sofa bed like the Wilson ones and it won't open fully across the width, as there is a pipe run and wall mounted folding table opposite.

I'm trying to work out how to dismantle it so I can replace it with a click clack.