IWA Petition

AllanW

Featured Posts

I've not seen this mentioned mentioned here before (apologies if it has...)

The IWA are asking for signatures to present to BW

Details of Mooring Petition:

We the undersigned petition British Waterways to cease the implementation of the Moorings tender trial, as we believe it to be unfair to those already on waiting lists, and unjust to the less well-off and elderly who may be priced off the waterways by the highest bidder.

Link: HERE

or

Full URL: http://www.waterways.org.uk/News/OtherCamp...MooringPetition

Sorry - don't know when this ends (anyone here know?)

Allan

I'm an IWA member, and I hadn't heard of this petition until now. Must visit their site more often!

I've signed. Also found another interesting link which affects all of us.

I'll post it as a new topic then it doesn't interfere with this one.

Janet

From the replies here I can't believe how many (including IWA members) didn't know about this...

The IWA does a lot of things well - but apparently publicity isn't one of them! :blush:

Anyone spot a closing date?

Allan

From the replies here I can't believe how many (including IWA members) didn't know about this...

The IWA does a lot of things well - but apparently publicity isn't one of them! :blush:

Anyone spot a closing date?

Allan

I wasn't aware the IWA did "a lot of things", never mind "well". Apart from being BW's lap dog of course.

I wasn't aware the IWA did "a lot of things", never mind "well". Apart from being BW's lap dog of course.

I know what you mean - that was what the :blush: was for!

As for being BW lapdogs - well it seems to be a toothless lapdog these days for sure, but the thing is, what would replace it?

Maybe we could start a topic - What The IWA Can Do For You! Probably not get to many replies tho...

Allan

I know what you mean - that was what the :blush: was for!

As for being BW lapdogs - well it seems to be a toothless lapdog these days for sure, but the thing is, what would replace it?

Allan

A proper campaigning organisation which fights for all boaters, and all the waterways. The IWA cherrypicks all the nice cuddly issues and seems to think it should be more like the WI than the IWA it started out as.