ID this hardwood :)

W+T

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

I have spoken to my friend, and he is going to have a look to see whether he has any suitable screws, but it may be a few days as he is away at the weekend. The screws will also be steel rather than brass.

In the meantime i have found these on ebay:-       http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-EXTRA-LARGE-SLOTTED-BRASS-CSK-WOOD-SCREWS-16-x-1-VINTAGE-NETTLEFOLDS/263200510607?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

They are 1 3/4" x 16  but you could cut 1/4" off them, and as long as there are decent pilot holes they should work OK.  a bit expensive though. 

The Seller has lots of other old stock screws.  I could not find any 1 1/2" x 16 screws, but you could try writing to the seller to ask if he has any the size you want, he seems to sell in lots of ten, so he may have a few odd ones remaining form a boxfull.

Thanks again, David 

1 hour ago, BWM said:

Thanks again, David 

My friend has come back to me and the best he could do was 2" x 16 steel, which may not have enough thread to cut down, I would suggest that you contact the ebay seller, I reckon he is your best bet. The 1 3/4" s illustrated on the auction page seem to have quite a long threaded section, so they should be ok to cut down.

Sorry I couldn't help as mich as i had hoped.

Edited by David Schweizer

2 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

My friend has come back to me and the best he could do was 2" x 16 steel, which may not have enough thread to cut down, I would suggest that you contact the ebay seller, I reckon he is your best bet. The 1 3/4" s illustrated on the auction page seem to have quite a long threaded section, so they should be ok to cut down.

Sorry I couldn't help as mich as i had hoped.

Cheers, The eBay link is useful and I'll get away with 1 3/4", the bar is about half inch, the interior planking is a shade over an inch with 1/2" ply on the outside. Thanks for trying.