Any one who can set up morse controls

Leon 12

Featured Posts

Some controls have a friction adjustment to prevent this but if it really is a Morse control it may well not have one. If it hasn't the  the first thing to try is removing any return spring on the injector pump lever if there is one. f not then fit a tension spring that tries to pull the pump lever towards high speed so it helps balance the pressure the pump puts on the lever to force it back to idle. If its an old control an friction springs may be worn or broken so a new control MIGHT solve it.

1 hour ago, Humblespud said:

My speed controller (TFX 700 SO) stays put in low revs and high revs but is reluctant to stay put in middle revs. Is this friction plates do you think? Am planning to take it part and explore soon...

I am on mobile broadband and I can not find a manual for that control quickly. As I said in post 2 some single lever controls have a friction adjustment and some do not. For instance the Morse MT3 (I think) has no friction adjustment and such friction as there is is via a ball bearing, semicircular detent plate with a leaf spring pushing on the ball bearing. No friction plates at all.

If your boat was professionally built post 1996ish the control manual should have been included with the RCD paperwork. Otherwise you need to find a manual or hopefully someone with that control on here will come on and tell you.

Thank you Tony, I have been searching online for servicing of this TFX controller but with no luck so far. We've had the boat three years now and it has always been a bit problematic. I will take it apart very carefully soon and see what is going on.

Teleflex appear to now be part of Sea Star Solutions but unfortunately they don’t list the TFX 700 SO user manual in their list of manuals:

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/support-2/installation-manuals-controls-cables/controls-installation-manuals-mechanical-dual-action/#single

Perhaps you could call them or drop them an email?

The control is a Teleflex single lever control. It has the friction control set via a small allen key. However the friction is all the way in and still it slips back when lowering revs. I have to either disengage or add revs to neutralise the slip.

Setting correctly to get best performance and its the setting im struggling with.

That suggests the friction device is either faulty or just maybe it has been lubricate. I agree, a strip to have a look seems a good first step.

while its apart maybe compare it with the manuals they do have online. Those last two letters might indicate how its mounted with the same mechanism in other types of mounting.