Best place for 205ltr drum Kerosene delivered

davids3511

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, cuthound said:

You will need to keep it in a bunded container as it, being capable of holding more than 199 litres, it comes within the scope of the "Oil Storage  (Control of Pollution) (England) Regulations".

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/2954/made

There must be a lot of home owners with oil central heating breaking the law

It doesn't need to be 205ltr, I just need to it run a Webasto burner. 100/150ltr would be sufficient for a few months usage. If its anywhere near Manchester I can even collect.

Plus any barrel will be in my garage so I think that counts as within a building. If that's the case the regulations don't apply.

Edited by davids3511

11 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

There must be a lot of home owners with oil central heating breaking the law

Application of Regulations

2.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), these Regulations apply to the storage of oil on any premises.

(2) These Regulations do not apply to the storage of oil—

(a)if the oil is waste oil within the meaning of regulation 1(3) of the Waste Management Licensing Regulations 1994(2);

(b)in any container which is situated in a building or wholly underground;

(c)in any container with a storage capacity of 200 litres or less;

(d)on any premises used—

(i)wholly or mainly as a private dwelling if the storage capacity of the container in which it is stored is 3500 litres or less;

(ii)for refining oil; or

(iii)for the onward distribution of oil to other places; or

(e)on any farm if the oil is for use in connection with agriculture within the meaning of the Agriculture Act 1947(3).

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, davids3511 said:

I'm looking for 205ltr drum of Kerosene. Does anybody know a good place who delivers?

Most oil suppliers will bring you a 205l drum full. It won't be that cheap though, I think the drums are now single use only due to  new regulations so you effectively buy the drum as well,like happened with 1tonne bags.Much better if you can take a minimum 500l into your own tank/non returnable drums.Suppliers are used to drum deliveries to building sites for warm air drying plant in new buildings. 

Star Oil

Crown Oil

and several others around Manchester.

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

I doubt it, their supplier is supposed to refuse delivery into a non compliant tank. He risks losing his licence if he does.

Well there are thousands of tanks out there that are not bunded and are having regular deliveries of fuel. mine being one of them, but is being changed this year when its run dry