Video

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, DHutch said:

The featured videos are selected by @RichM so if you have a suitable clip please approach him.

Daniel

Are we allowed to approach him about ones that are so intensely irritating that they need taking down?

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Are we allowed to approach him about ones that are so intensely irritating that they need taking down?

I thought those of that bothered to vote in the poll have already done that. The last time I looked the consensus was to remove them. It seems that the poll and the results, whatever they were, have now gone quiet. My opinion for what it's worth is that the videos are not interesting and a nuisance on the forum front page.

Last time I checked, it was a mixed result when considering all votes.

The videos featured are what's known as a YouTube "vlog" or video blog. Viewed by thousands of viewers, they provide a visual perspective of boating and the lifestyles that come with it. 

Some of the individuals who produce the featured videos also make references back to Canal World and in doing so, they're increasing our internet exposure. I guess you could call it as a form of promotion which works for them and Canal World, without costing anyone anything. As with any forum, people come and go and as such we're keen to keep people coming, both new and existing users.

I will see if we can find a way to hide them for those who would prefer to do that. Though, I understand a few users do this via browser addons. Feedback is always welcome.

RichM