protect my bedding and fabrics

NikaVinyl

Featured Posts

Hi all 

I am trying to find a product that will allow me to protect my bedding and fabrics on my boat, will need to be people friendly as I do stay on the boat from time to time, later today I am going to get the boat cleaned inside and also mould protection a general all over clean, but I don't have anything for the fabrics to protect from moulds and such.

Vacuum bags - simply put the bedding, clothes etc in the bag and suck the air out with vacuum cleaner.

To re-use simply open the bag and re-make the bed.

Do not use the ones from B&M, Home Bargains or Poundland as they do not keep a good seal - if the items are worth protecting use 'good' protection.

The boat has been cleaned today very well, I did not touch the mattress or bedding which were not damp and smelled fresh, still looking for something safe to use to protect the mattresses (memory foam) and some bedding.

Scotchgard worries me as I have  a small boat (Norman) and a log burner and I know Scotchgard is highly flammable.

The Vacuum bags idea for the bedding is good But I also should have added I wanted to protect my mattresses.

I fitted a fiamma turbo vent 28 few months ago but have to shut it due to rain, so I think my next move will be to fit two more smaller vents that are side on and rain/bug proof.

Still looking for a safe fabric cleaner.

Thanks for the replys.