Bought a new boat!

magictime

Featured Posts

The saga continues... after my brain haemorrhage and subsequent critical illness insurance payout back in July/August, we spent a couple of weeks looking around for a suitable boat to move on board permanently next summer(ish). After viewing about 7 boats in the flesh and looking at many more online, we felt we were getting pretty good sense of what's out there in our price bracket, and what our needs and preferences are. Then we viewed boat number 8, which had all of the features we'd liked best in other boats (semi-trad deck, Pullman dinette etc.), seemed particularly well looked after, and was equipped to be used in the way we want to use it (year-round, off-grid, nomadic) in terms of electric, heating etc. An offer at the very top end of our budget was accepted, the surveyor (Craig Allen) was more than happy with it, and the purchase was completed this morning. Result! A year of leisure cruising followed by (touch wood) many years of living aboard now await...

40 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Congratulations Magictime.

You deserve it after your recent illness.

Time to update your profile with the boats name :D

Done! I expect we'll be changing it as soon as we can afford the painting involved though...

8 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Enjoy - I think the crane is at Debdale nr Foxton

Yes, we'll spotted! Glad it was lifted there cos they do black the base plate as standard, and we'd rather it was done. Now we just need to get it back to Yorkshire...