Moonraker TV aeriel bracket

colmac

Featured Posts

Hi, as per the title, I need a U-bracket for fixing my Moonraker TV aerial to a pole. Have looked on-line and can only find one supplier and they are out of stock. Does anyone know of any on-line or other dealers who sell such things ? Thank you.

Edited by colmac
spelling error

The mounts with that (does it really come with two?) appear to be suction cups, which wouldn't work attaching to a pole. From the picture, it looks like the mount fits into a tube on the aerial, and is secured with a thumbscrew, so all that's needed is a bit of rod of the right diameter and a couple of [url= 2-X-TV-AERIAL-POLE-V-U-BOLT-CLAMP-MAST-BRACKET-FOR-2-POLE-/162403832260?hash=item25d005d1c4:g:~ukAAOSwa~BYOesi] These, or something similar.[/url]

Edited by Iain_S
sort out link! Failed!

6 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

The mounts with that (does it really come with two?) appear to be suction cups, which wouldn't work attaching to a pole. From the picture, it looks like the mount fits into a tube on the aerial, and is secured with a thumbscrew, so all that's needed is a bit of rod of the right diameter and a couple of [url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-TV-AERIAL-POLE-V-U-BOLT-CLAMP-MAST-BRACKET-FOR-2-POLE-/162403832260?hash=item25d005d1c4:g:~ukAAOSwa~BYOesi]  these, or something similar. [/url]

The moonraker I bought last week came with 2 mounts. One with a suction cup and a bendy pipe that slots into the moonraker and another that bolts onto a pipe but is a solid pipe (not bendy) that goes into the moonraker. With the suction cup/bendy pipe you can fix it to a window and have the moonraker vertically upwards - with the fixed mount the moonraker is straight out horizonal. All the u clamps are in the box.

I have found (see other thread) the moonraker sometimes needs to be vertical or horizontal so the bendy bit is needed. I therefore attached the suction cup to a pole with a couple of strong cable ties. The pic on the moonraker box shows the fixed fitting has a bendy bit but it doesnt. Hope that makes sense.