Crick show moorings

frahkn

Featured Posts

• 2 months later...

I have now booked my mooring for next year's show (thanks Bruce).

So far, I have only had an acknowledgment of my booking fee.

How/when do you find out where your mooring is? You know - the general arrangements for the show and so on?

Perhaps a naive question but does the mooring fee include entry to the show - it wasn't clear on the application form so I expect not - but the mooring certainly cost enough (£250+).

Mooring fee doesn't include show entry. They don't actually allocate moorings until very near the time. Last year, there wasn't a plan sent out, you just turned up and looked for your slot, but there were volunteer stewards on each stretch to help.

1 hour ago, ianali said:

£250 plus for mooring? Flipping heck. I just wouldn't! 

I know exactly what you mean!

Trouble is I plan a purchase, no longer drive a car, and need to (a) get there and (b) get my purchase to the boat. As we will be cruising in May anyway, I thought it would be sensible to take the boat to the show. I nearly changed my mind when I saw the price!

It better not rain!!!

26 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I know exactly what you mean!

Trouble is I plan a purchase, no longer drive a car, and need to (a) get there and (b) get my purchase to the boat. As we will be cruising in May anyway, I thought it would be sensible to take the boat to the show. I nearly changed my mind when I saw the price!

It better not rain!!!

Makes sense. Some good music on again have a fun time.

Ian.

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

But half that if you moor more than 200m away and less again if you are further than 400m. So why moor so close?

How much would the delivery cost be for this item you are buying?

I have a disability which affects my mobility a little (sometimes quite a bit) so I thought it best to be close. I admit that I didn't think we were only talking a 100m or so (and I don't think the booking form made this clear). Still, what's done is done.

I won't be home at the time, we will be cruising, so delivery would be inconvenient.

4 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I have a disability which affects my mobility a little (sometimes quite a bit) so I thought it best to be close. I admit that I didn't think we were only talking a 100m or so (and I don't think the booking form made this clear). Still, what's done is done.

I won't be home at the time, we will be cruising, so delivery would be inconvenient.

I found the information by clicking on Bruce's link and following the links in the WW website to boat mooring. There are three rates and clicking on the i button for more info tells you what each covers.

And I was thinking of delivery to the boat!

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I found the information by clicking on Bruce's link and following the links in the WW website to boat mooring. There are three rates and clicking on the i button for more info tells you what each covers.

And I was thinking of delivery to the boat!

WW sent me the application form in an e-mail, perhaps there was a link, I didn't find it.

If the boat is at Crick I hope they will deliver it for free; if it's 'somewhere on the canal' there is just too much to go wrong. Delivery would not be impossible but it would inconvenience me (admittedly not £250 worth of inconvenience but then I didn't know the mooring cost when I conceived the plan).

I promise to try harder next time.:)