alde bits / parts

haza

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

People have reported Solar circulating pumps work well for boat central heating - about £25. but it means cutting into a pipe to fit one.

I like the sound of this, i always thought the pump in my alde was weak, takes a long time for hot water ot get to the last rad in the bedroom.

I have the system bled down at the minute as i have replaced all the rads and most of the pipework so an ideal time to try this.

What type of pump would you think would work best?

As I said above, ours is a Johnson pump like this: https://www.asap-supplies.com/johnson-fresh-water-circulating-pump-209602

We started looking for a cheaper alternative, in the end we picked up a Johnson (or one of the many rebrands of the pump) for a good price instead

Richard

MORE: How about this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality-DC-12V-Hot-Water-Circulation-Pump-Brushless-Motor-Submersible-TE091-/141479423349?epid=1487597952&hash=item20f0d4ad75:g:Lv8AAOSwCQZZEhwp.

Looks a bit cheap and cheerful, so I'd have a gate valve on each side so I could swap it without having to drain the whole system

Edited by RLWP

I once mended one of these pumps with an 12v ''0'' gauge model railway loco electric motor for about £6 plus my time, nose suspended.  Can't remember the make or number of it, but Japanese though. You can have variable speed on the motor with a 12v model railway speed controller, and if its powerful enough run a train at the same time as pumping your water.