Great CRT response

bigcol

Featured Posts

I wanted to re post this response from CRT by phone and a short email Re the recent post on how long does dredging take.

as a more positive post re CRT dredging project manager

I rang Paul Fox up, spent 1/4 of an hour on the phone.

response by email below..............

Colin

Sorry to hear you struggled through Grove – Slapton section recently.

As I said, I would be pleased to share with you the post dredge survey report on completion and would happily join you on your next passage through that section if we can arrange it.

Best regards

Paul

CRT.................

You can't get no fairer than that!!!!

Pauls also is aware re value for money, making sure the jobs done right

Edited by bigcol

• 4 weeks later...

Got this email today from a Paul CRT gentleman in charge of dredging.

if anyone is interested in having CRT on your boat, to experience grove to slapton and church lock let me know. Unfornatley I won’t be taking the boat out again this year.

Colin

Further to our conversation a few weeks ago.

Dredging has now been completed on the Slapton to Grove pound.  I’ll be on site on Monday 16th Oct.  to carry out some quality control checks before the contractors move on.

In the next 2-3 weeks, they will continue dredging the Leighton – Soulbury pound plus part of the pound upstream of Leighton Lock.

As I mentioned previously, I’ll be pleased to join you on your next trip through that section if diaries permit.

Best regards

Paul

Edited by bigcol

Have spent too many hours watching the dredgers - very impressive.  The guy actually doing the dredging was born on a boat, and in-between pans (waiting for one to arrive) shared stories about his parents, and I do mean Mum as well as Dad, filling and emptying coal boats by hand in the early 60s. He was so skilled with the shovel, it was like watching a waltz.  They must have shifted 20 pans full just between lock 30 and bridge 120 - and cleared the obstruction by the water point.

3 minutes ago, Tanglewood said:

Have spent too many hours watching the dredgers - very impressive.  The guy actually doing the dredging was born on a boat, and in-between pans (waiting for one to arrive) shared stories about his parents, and I do mean Mum as well as Dad, filling and emptying coal boats by hand in the early 60s. He was so skilled with the shovel, it was like watching a waltz.  They must have shifted 20 pans full just between lock 30 and bridge 120 - and cleared the obstruction by the water point.

Would this have been Dennis Ward?

Edited by Ray T