Somewhere for winter

starman

Featured Posts

I'm looking for somewhere to tuck tug Harry away over the winter, ideally vaguely around Northampton area so we can minimise the A14-M6 trudge from Suffolk and get some bits of winter cruising in too. Also a place I can do a bit of work on it without being excommunicated.

I know the obvious sources to look but maybe someone knows somewhere I don't....

Thanks for any tips.

Yelvertoft Marina. Also has a slipway and yard (and also a covered shed) where you can DIY.

Very friendly marina and not far from Braunston for chandleries and other canal related services if required.

Also close to the A14 and jcn 18 of the M1.

Ken

Edited by NB Ellisiana

4 hours ago, wandering snail said:

Blackthorn Lake Marina at Ringstead. Very laid back and you can work on your boat. Has a slipway too where you can work on your boat. £250 for lift out and back in, pressure wash and leccy for a week.

I like the Nene but can't find any info about winter closures there - we'd like to be able to get a bit of cruising down if poss. 

Just now, starman said:

I like the Nene but can't find any info about winter closures there - we'd like to be able to get a bit of cruising down if poss. 

3 hours ago, NB Ellisiana said:

Yelvertoft Marina. Also has a slipway and yard (and also a covered shed) where you can DIY.

Very friendly marina and not far from Braunston for chandleries and other canal related services if required.

Also close to the A14 and jcn 18 of the M1.

Ken

Thanks - I'll investigate. 

• 3 weeks later...