Builder ?

Sjpbikes

Featured Posts

CanalPlanAC lists only 3 boats buit by Whittle Boats, so I'm not sure you are going to find many people who know much about them.....

There are 3 records that match your query

Chip Built by Whittle Boats Ltd - Length : 12.19 metres ( 40 feet ) - Beam : 2.07 metres ( 6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft : 0.01 metres ( 0 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 999 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 68564 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Matilda Built by Whittle Boats Ltd - Length : 16.76 metres ( 55 feet ) - Beam : 2.07 metres ( 6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft : 0.01 metres ( 0 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 999 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 77920 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

White Rose II Built by Whittle Boats Ltd - Length : 12.3 metres ( 40 feet 4 inches ) - Beam : 2.07 metres ( 6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft : 0.51 metres ( 1 foot 8 inches ). Metal hull N/A power of 34 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 71044 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Whittle Boats Ltd. did run a series of advert in Waterways World. This is from January 1980

AAAA_WW_Jan_1980.jpeg.48efa8a216ed5c48fc491f4d81df5346.jpeg

They also exhibited at the 1981 IWA National Rally at Leeds. I remember viewing the boat. 

Here is the short article from Waterways World November 1981

The boat is 55' and named Matilda which ties in with one of the boats in Alan Fincher's post.

AAAA_WW_Nov_1981.jpeg.2f0262bac1736982bdc5303e1cea3683.jpeg

16 minutes ago, arbutus said:

Whittle Boats Ltd. did run a series of advert in Waterways World. This is from January 1980

AAAA_WW_Jan_1980.jpeg.48efa8a216ed5c48fc491f4d81df5346.jpeg

They also exhibited at the 1981 IWA National Rally at Leeds. I remember viewing the boat. 

Here is the short article from Waterways World November 1981

The boat is 55' and named Matilda which ties in with one of the boats in Alan Fincher's post.

AAAA_WW_Nov_1981.jpeg.2f0262bac1736982bdc5303e1cea3683.jpeg

Excellent research - well done!

Looks like there was not a huge market for these unusual boats.

I'm assuming the "Chip" in my list is probably the butty style boat that lives, (lived?), at Dunstable and District Boat Club.  (Chip Butty - get it ???)

That may well be this boat, but the stern isn't really shown to prove whether it is, or is not, but the lowered rear cabin suggests "butty style".  OK Whilton have the builder as " The London Boat Company ", but their details are regularly wrong.

21 minutes ago, Sjpbikes said:

Wow that's the boat I'm buying !!! Thanks all will try n contact the oil company to see if it is 

The proprietor's name for Whittle boats shows as Martin Harris (above) so I'm rather doubting that the company had anything to do with Kevin Whittle.  You can always ask, though!

Edited by alan_fincher