Accelerator dead spot

umpire111

Featured Posts

Have a prm 120 gear box mechanical. The gear box engages well and early in both forward and reverse. In reverse as soon as I pull the lever backwards the revs increase and it's very responsive. However when pushing the lever forward, the gearbox engages early at 800 rev and as soon as the lever is pushed forward. However, as I continue to push the lever the accelerator cable does not move until I have pushed the lever forward about 30 degrees consequently there is a dead spot during that 30 degrees. Adjusting the cable at the engine effects both forward and reverse and so is not the answer. Is there a way to make an adjustment at the lever so it effects just when I push the lever forward?

You may have an outer cable securing clip come adrift. usually two on a cable, one near the engine and an outer cable anchor thing in the Morse lever control. There is usually alternative fixing holes for the inner cable in the Morse control too.