Headroom at Glory Hole Bridge, Lincoln

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

I see the pic also features 'Moonraker', the cafe boat which used to be in Slaithwaite on the HNC.  The owner also transferred 'Oliver' the little trip boat which used to be based in Hebden Bridge, and now runs between Lincoln and Saxilby.  I don't suppose the people of Lincoln know what moonraking is, but it's big in Slaithwaite!

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I see the pic also features 'Moonraker', the cafe boat which used to be in Slaithwaite on the HNC.  The owner also transferred 'Oliver' the little trip boat which used to be based in Hebden Bridge, and now runs between Lincoln and Saxilby.  I don't suppose the people of Lincoln know what moonraking is, but it's big in Slaithwaite!

Wonder how long it will be before the health and safety brigade deem no more naked flames ... l.e.d. lanterns only! 

Rick

9 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

I happened to be in Lincoln today. I saw this boat slowly approaching the Glory Hole.  I wondered if there would be sufficient headroom with the pram hood up? 

DSCF1425.JPG.b0748bf10791662436278e208139b3f7.JPG

(my apologies..)

We have loads of room even with the hoods up.

More worried about those bloody willow trees. There are some pretty hefty branches under there that we have caught the canopies on before. 

5 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We have loads of room even with the hoods up.

More worried about those bloody willow trees. There are some pretty hefty branches under there that we have caught the canopies on before. 

Vg. Sorry not to catch you for a chat  - we were a bit short of time.

We have to put the mast down, normal air draft is 7m which doesn't quite fit!

59b6362884449_Gloryholein.jpg.e6af86010dd1fbfedc109d17ca311573.jpg59b6362bbdf90_GloryHoleout.jpg.618c11ec6f7429a5d458f1eee4b59a22.jpg

8 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I noticed it had gone from Slaithwaite but didn't realise it was the same boat!