Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Did you know Canal World is funded by our valued members? You may make a voluntary donation by clicking here

Jeanie920

Milton Keynes to Nantwich

Featured Posts

Jeanie920    3

We are hoping to cruise from Milton Keynes to Nantwich next Spring. When I put the route into Canal planner it takes me through Birmingham and Wolverhampton. There are 155 locks en route. I wondered if anyone knew a different route not involving so many locks. I don't mind that it may take us longer. 

cuthound Contributor    368

From Braunston on the GU, go via the North Oxford, Coventry, Trent and Mersey Canal to its junction with the Staffs & Worcester canal, Staffs and Worcester to Autherly Junction, then up the Shropshire Union to Nantwich. 

It must cut out around 60 or 70 locks.

Captain Pegg    214

The route suggested by cuthound is 84 locks overal from MK to Nantwich. There is also the option to carry on up the Trent & Mersey from Great Haywood and go via Middlewich which is theoretically quicker than via Autherley as it less miles but has 96 locks overall.

JP

Rob-M    93

You can change the planning options in canal planner or add places to go through  that would give you the alternative routes.

adam1uk    115

There's also a button at the bottom of the first results page which says 'other routes' and gives you, er, other routes.