Maffi

frahkn

Featured Posts

Does anyone know if Maffi, of narrowboat Milly M (and a member here) is OK?

He has a cc blog but has not posted since June.

I am not able to agree with almost anything which he posts but I would'n like to think anything has happened to him.

49 minutes ago, frahkn said:

Does anyone know if Maffi, of narrowboat Milly M (and a member here) is OK?

He has a cc blog but has not posted since June.

I am not able to agree with almost anything which he posts but I would'n like to think anything has happened to him.

Yes and and he's great company over a pint or few.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Similarly Miss Bones, who inhabits the same stretch of waterway and who was once a prolific contributor here. I usually see her strolling on the towpath at Cropredy Festival time, but didn't this year.

They are both fine. Young bones was on my boat earlier this week for a chatt.

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

They are both fine. Young bones was on my boat earlier this week for a chatt.

You lucky fellow! Young Maffi is a nice chap who has a lovely dog. Last time we met he was in the throws of writing a book. This may be a long term task,so may not yet be published.

11 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

You lucky fellow! Young Maffi is a nice chap who has a lovely dog. Last time we met he was in the throws of writing a book. This may be a long term task,so may not yet be published.

" Molly "and she is a sweetheart.

I understand Mr Maffy is lurking on the Big River, somwhere around Shepperton, I beleave.

I did try look for him whilst I was comming off the River Wey the other week, but having found a mooring on a bank Holiday Sunday evening below the lock, I was rather reluctant to let it go and do a search for him! The phone signal around that area is not the best either!

Nipper

Sorry to worry everyone but I am alive and kicking. I am spending the summer on the river Thames. I find it very absorbing. I currently am moored at Kingston awaiting the return of my camera from the repair shop, after which I will be heading up to Oxford  (it might take a few weeks). I had my lap top repaired a few weeks ago and lost a years worth writing, about 100,000 words. Please don't mention backups or I will have to kill you.

8 hours ago, nipper said:

I understand Mr Maffy is lurking on the Big River, somwhere around Shepperton, I beleave.

I did try look for him whilst I was comming off the River Wey the other week, but having found a mooring on a bank Holiday Sunday evening below the lock, I was rather reluctant to let it go and do a search for him! The phone signal around that area is not the best either!

Nipper

I was nearby Nipper. Sorry I missed you.

Edited by Maffi

7 minutes ago, Maffi said:

Sorry to worry everyone but I am alive and kicking. I am spending the summer on the river Thames. I find it very absorbing. I currently am moored at Kingston awaiting the return of my camera from the repair shop, after which I will be heading up to Oxford  (it might take a few weeks). I had my lap top repaired a few weeks ago and lost a years worth writing, about 100,000 words. Please don't mention backups or I will have to kill you.

I was nearby Nipper. Sorry I missed you.

Nice to hear from you Mr Maff. 

I get agoraphobia on the Thames. The banks are too far apart. Don't you find the same?

I'm out on the Avon this summer, having done the other Avon earlier this year. 

Nene next, then I'm done with rivers. Much prefer the canals. Will be back at Greg's place soon. 

All the best...