Missing boater and boat, police aware

Amber34

Featured Posts

This plea is being shared on Facebook. The best course of action would be to report any sightings to the police, rather than to his sister, just in case he's not wanting contact. 

Hi all with admin's permission I am posting for help. My brother Michael and his boat BODO have been missing since Tuesday 27th August with no contact at all. He has a residential mooring at Roydon Marina but hasn't been there for a good few weeks. He was moored up near stanstead abbotts on the weekend of 25th/26th august and was last sited via C& R T at Springfield Marina near Hackney Marshes on Tuesday 29th August. He is reported missing with the police and we are getting increasingly concerned about him now. Please could I ask you all to look out for his boat - traditional narrow boat, small 2 berth colour green - named BODO. Any sitings please let me know. Kindest regards Amanda

An update to this:

UPDATE....
I have had lots of people asking why I am looking for Michael and his boat BODO. There is nothing weird or sinister here just genuine concern. He left our local area on Sunday 27th August as he is not coping with our mums terminal illness (probably weeks if not days now before we will sadly lose her). As a family we are concerned about his wellbeing but equally don't want to attract alot of attention to him as it is his choice to distance himself from the situation, hence the reason I have chosen not to add a picture. I reported him missing to the police on Tuesday 29th August and we had a confirmed siting at Winkwell Marina on GU Sunday lunch time. (3rd September). He is heading north so probably way past MK by now. We would just like up-to-date sitings so we can hopefully visit him to check he is okay. We understand why he has felt the need to do this but no contact for 11 days now is causing some distress to the family. Thank you all for your help and concern x

He seems to be motoring along at a reasonable speed since he's now north of MK. Perhaps that indicates he's doing ok by focusing on boating as you need to be fairly together to do all the locks, and keep the boat maintained, etc. Just a hopeful thought. 

I hope he gives you a call. I think if I was desperate to contact someone and knew their approximate location I'd drive to the area with my fold-up bike and cycle along the towpath until I found them. However, I guess if there are family issues which he can't deal with then it's a bit more complicated than that. 

Good luck.

Edited by blackrose