Canal Boat Magazine

Wardle Lock Cottage

Featured Posts

Has anyone else ever had any problem getting a payment from Canal Boat Magazine for anything that they have had published?

I submitted my 'Me and My Boats' story to Canal Boat magazine a few months ago, and it was published in the August print edition (on sale in July) and has now appeared on their website.

Since it has been published, I have had no communication from them, and more importantly for me, I have not received the promised payment from them. I have sent numerous emails that have gone unanswered, phone messages are not returned and I am starting to get quite frustrated by them.

Any similar experience, advice or comment would be greatly received.

I've always been paid within a week or so after the following edition is published. That has been with both the 'Me and my boats' article and other stuff I've had published too. They have recently had a new assistant editor so whether that has made a difference I don't know, but I suggest you email the editor Nick Wall.

Hi folks, just to clarify things: I spoke to David first thing this morning in response to an email he sent to me late yesterday. I've looked into it and there's been a paperwork (electronic, obviously...) mix-up in the back office between him and another contributor which hopefully is now resolved.

Composting toilet...? Nope.

3 hours ago, NickW said:

Hi folks, just to clarify things: I spoke to David first thing this morning in response to an email he sent to me late yesterday. I've looked into it and there's been a paperwork (electronic, obviously...) mix-up in the back office between him and another contributor which hopefully is now resolved.

Composting toilet...? Nope.

So who got paid twice?

12 hours ago, WotEver said:

That'll be him gone for 6 months then...

Naaah youve got it wrong. You just close the bin liner top once a week and throw it in the refuse bin dont you know. Thats what composting means.

10 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Naaah youve got it wrong. You just close the bin liner top once a week and throw it in the refuse bin dont you know. Thats what composting means.

Ahh yes, and chuck yer pee in the cut. Got it :)

Edited by WotEver