Removing pumpout tank

Kate5

Featured Posts

Hi, We are wanting to remove our steel pump out.  Good news- not integral to the boat!

bad news- it's massive! Very heavy to lift and manuvere. It will fit through the front door but will no doubt be difficult and require many bodies. 

Any ideas re cutting it up? Shifting it the 25/30ft to the door and then lifting? 

All helpful advice gratefully received! 

Kate 

It was- although in removing the toilet unit it is clear there is a fair bit of 'slurry' left in the bottom. Ideally, lifting it out would be best bet but it is likely to be heavy & unwieldy. I am fast coming to the conclusion it is a hard, heavy, slog or a potentially disgusting spray affair! 

Either way it has just got to get done :)

thanks for your response. 

Edited by Kate5

I have a similar problem. 4mm steel tank on our barge, too large to remove in one piece, it's wedged in between the generator and the engine, corroded beyond repair. I'm reluctant to use a cutting wheel as it's in the engine room and sparks and dust would go everywhere. Looking at cutting it up with a jigsaw, or maybe just cutting the top off and dropping a polyethylene tank inside it.

Martin/