And I was thinking as a "work of art", he should hang it on his wall :D

Abit too heavy Mike?

dont think the 6mm would take it

col 

Coffee table idea is nice tho

or just break and sell it for spares

col

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Won't the seller still be liable for listing fees for the item (even though he/she got it wrong) ? I can't remember how listing fees are calculated on ebay?

No you can cancel bids, or end listing, you have 3 ( something like that) listing reasons,

you can then relist, it will cost nothing.

somtimes eBay do free listing, you only pay 10% of the selling price.

col

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Do you know what power it is? I'm guessing about 70hp.

They are about 11 HP per pot, which is why the 1052 is a very suitable narrow boat engine, the 1053 a bit of a beast, and this one (in my view) rathe too big.

There are narrow boats with them though, I think.

On 9/3/2017 at 14:19, bigcol said:

Just had this back from the seller, if in fact there is a mess up with the listing

i will let him know he can resist and end auction.

col

New message from: wahieke (137Turquoise Star)

Hi Colin I put ad on last night .they messed the price up .someone bid on it and I can't change it.looking for close to £5.950 model no is 1054 46hp a 1500rpm .has a rengits hydraulic 1 1/2 to 1 gear box .have all photos of restoration over two years .regards Andy

If it is the engine I believe it is, then offers based on £5,950 is a great deal less than it was being advertised for a year ago, when adverts said.....

Price 12k or best offer only serious applications and INTRESTED party's need reply.

Edited by alan_fincher

When you see "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. " it was finished early by the vendor.

All bids up to that point are cancelled. 

A common outcome in high figure items, especially those that common sense dictates you'd really want to go and look at it before committing yourself is to invite interested parties to come and view before bidding. I'm not suggesting this happened in this particular auction!

Then when you have a really interested party in your backyard, saying "I like it, but don't really fancy driving home in order to bid and risk losing it, to then drive back here to collect later ..... and I'm sure you'd rather not pay your commission ....... so, how's about I give you a wedge of folding and you remove it from eBay now?

4 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

When you see "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. " it was finished early by the vendor.

All bids up to that point are cancelled. 

A common outcome in high figure items, especially those that common sense dictates you'd really want to go and look at it before committing yourself is to invite interested parties to come and view before bidding. I'm not suggesting this happened in this particular auction!

Then when you have a really interested party in your backyard, saying "I like it, but don't really fancy driving home in order to bid and risk losing it, to then drive back here to collect later ..... and I'm sure you'd rather not pay your commission ....... so, how's about I give you a wedge of folding and you remove it from eBay now?

Agreed Which is why cars caravans etc will attract a £20 ( 1 think) cover fee, whether it's sells or it don't.

as the above is normally what happens.

col

I do wonder when it comes to boats etc high price end.

how someone buys a boat, do they a operate and survey etc?

or do they buy without

if boat is in water, let's say £20,000 upwards. 40,000 even they must have a survey done????

When they win, they should pay deposit subject to survey surely?

col

1 minute ago, bigcol said:

I do wonder when it comes to boats etc high price end.

how someone buys a boat, do they a operate and survey etc?

or do they buy without

if boat is in water, let's say £20,000 upwards. 40,000 even they must have a survey done????

When they win, they should pay deposit subject to survey surely?

col

Nope. I once bought a boat for £41k. 

A bargain so I just handed over the dosh and sailed it away (after checking the seller really was who he said he was). A very easy way of buying a boat. 

Nothing bad happened. 

34 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Nope. I once bought a boat for £41k. 

A bargain so I just handed over the dosh and sailed it away (after checking the seller really was who he said he was). A very easy way of buying a boat. 

Nothing bad happened. 

To be fair

ive done this, common sense that's all one needs.

and yes if you can act quickly, know what your looking at,

see it's a bargain You can get a bargain!

Never seen a 1052 in r/l. This one has a cracked water jacket.

11 hours ago, stegra said:

He says they messed up the price but the mistake was of his own making if he placed the decimal point there as he did in this reply. Nor can he have checked the confirmation page before starting the listing.

"They" messed up the price.

Lol.

11 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Real life?

Warbler has one, I think, and I'm sure there are several others in "historics".

I thunk as well as Batavia, "Daedalus no 2" had the same?

Daedalus No. 2 doesn't have a 1052 -  but I do have 4 x 1052s and 5 x gearboxes in various states of (dis)repair.  One of these will be replacing the one in Batavia some time soon, fitted with the gearbox that RLWP reconstructed for me.

There is one in Sandbach and at least two more in boats whose names I can't remember!

Chris G