How do you shut up a sterling beeping inverter?

leeco

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, leeco said:

?

Yes I know we are below 10.5v but you don't need to beep every 2 seconds for hours

Actually yes it does. 

It's generally known as 'defensive engineering'.

If it didn't beep whenever the battery voltage fell to the point were serious battery damage begins, Sterling would be sued regularly by goons claiming they had no idea the Sterling could ruin their batteries if used indiscriminately, and that Sterling were negligent in not having a warning beep, so Stirling should pay for all the new battery sets. 

As it is, you're going to have to pay for your own. :)

Just now, WotEver said:

It reminds me of my mum who removed the battery from her smoke alarm because the beeping got on her nerves. 

That's different though. The beeping was (presumably) false alarms caused by cooking by-products. An almost intractable problem with smoke alarms.

Or was her house actually on fire?

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

That's different though. The beeping was (presumably) false alarms caused by cooking by-products. An almost intractable problem with smoke alarms.

Or was her house actually on fire?

Neither, it was a low battery voltage beep. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ah, good point. So you think the OP is using PP3 batteries?

My advice is to fit some Trojans. 

I guess it's pretty irrelevant what he has fitted if he's not going to charge them...

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

I guess it's pretty irrelevant what he has fitted if he's not going to charge them...

OTOH, given he appears not to be charging his batteries after every discharge, I think he is going to need new batteries pretty soon anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

OTOH, given he appears not to be charging his batteries after every discharge, I think he is going to need new batteries pretty soon anyway. 

I think if you regularly find yourself down in the 10 to 11 volt range that is a pretty fair conclusion.  A bit like Nightwatch's thread on the topic, really.  By that stage I doubt removing one or two duff batteries from the bank is going to keep you going much longer.

• Greenie 1