Sink/shower tray paint

Featured Posts

Several months ago I asked about repairing the cracked enamel of my bathroom sink. Someone pointed me to this paint and I have to say it's great stuff. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-150ml-Gloss-White-Shower-Tray-And-Bath-Base-Paint-/281289886850?epid=1888380644&hash=item417e2f0c82:g:OSgAAOxy63FS2ar4

It's expensive for a small pot of paint but I applied several coats and it looks like new. I've no connection to the manufacturer or seller, just thought I'd pass on my results for anyone else whose sink or ceramic shower tray needs a facelift. I used those green abrasive pads from Screwfix to give the old emamel a key and cleaned all the dust off with a cloth/white spirit before applying the paint.  

IMG_20170826_085555.jpg

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

Avoid any drips and paint runs because it goes off rock hard and they are difficult to smooth out without creating an uneven surface. If you do find runs brush them in as best as you can before the paint goes off and after the paint has fully cured (4 hours) just go over it again with a green pad and clean the dust off with a cloth and white spirit ready for the next coat. You've just got to try and get the final coat perfect. I found the paint a bit thick so if you want to thin it out a bit use a little white spirit.

Edited by blackrose

I am looking for a touch up paint for the floor of the acrylic white bath, it is 60 years old and has stretch marks, which are black, I ve tried Autosol without success, might try the grout paint which is useless on grouting [why not use white paint?] 

9 hours ago, LadyG said:

I am looking for a touch up paint for the floor of the acrylic white bath, it is 60 years old and has stretch marks, which are black, I ve tried Autosol without success, might try the grout paint which is useless on grouting [why not use white paint?] 

I rejuvenated the grout in the bathroom in my last house by painting it with brilliant white emulsion and wiping any that got onto the tiles with a damp cloth.

Looked really good and lasted 10 years before needing a recoat.