Stolen Boat

Jamboat

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes, the description and picture have disappeared from Julia's original post. I can see no evidence of a moddy having edited the post, so perhaps the boat has now been found.

Is that for definite? There's been nothing on Facebook that I can see so far about it being found?? 

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

Is that for definite? There's been nothing on Facebook that I can see so far about it being found?? 

No, my use of the word "perhaps" shows, I think, that it is not for definite.

I can see nothing on Face Book either, because it has been off the air, at least on this computer, since mid-morning.

18 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes, the description and picture have disappeared from Julia's original post. I can see no evidence of a moddy having edited the post, so perhaps the boat has now been found.

Not on my computer they haven't

Richard

All working on my comp.

Apparently the boat in question was seen about 3.30pm yesterday entering the bottom lock at Stockton. It was reported by an ex member on the other forum. No sign since, but can't have gone too far. It seems the crew were completely clueless.

16 minutes ago, AllanC said:

Update;

Just seen on FB. Boat has now been found near bridge107, just west of Wigrams Turn.

Excellent news.

Incidentally, my Face Book connection works again now, and the picture and description in Julia's first post have returned too - perhaps they were copied in some way from FB.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Excellent news.

Incidentally, my Face Book connection works again now, and the picture and description in Julia's first post have returned too - perhaps they were copied in some way from FB.

Does look like with the new forum software that when you post a Facebook link it embeds a portion of the Facebook post into your post on here.

There was an issue for some people with Facebook and Chrome earlier so that was probably what caused the embedding to fail.

3 hours ago, AllanC said:

All working on my comp.

Apparently the boat in question was seen about 3.30pm yesterday entering the bottom lock at Stockton. It was reported by an ex member on the other forum. No sign since, but can't have gone too far. It seems the crew were completely clueless.

Hey, what's with the 'ex member' tag.

Is there something that D Hutch hasn't told me yet?

Rog

2 hours ago, IanM said:

Does look like with the new forum software that when you post a Facebook link it embeds a portion of the Facebook post into your post on here.

There was an issue for some people with Facebook and Chrome earlier so that was probably what caused the embedding to fail.

When you do that (same with pdfs) you are given the option to convert it back into a link. I have to do that regularly. It's just a click prior to hitting the submit button.