Rubbish disposal marsworth area

bigcol

Featured Posts

We're at Bulbourne awaiting to go in

thinking we be able to use the crt services at marsworth.

can someone confirm they are still there

water, Elsan and rubbish bins.

The plush looking houses are built from last time, looking very nice

anybody got ideas how much they were going for.

Maybe the CRT services would have been too near for them.

thanks in advance

col

Below more fish!

IMG_0353.JPG

They were all there at Easter. Just before the bridge on the mainline. There's mooring for about 2 boats....I do vaguely recall getting a stoppage notice recently about some work being done on them so a quick check of the CRT site might be in order. 

The water point has 2 rings,  then several of the old rings have been removed so the house owners don't  have to look at boats.*strategy number 218 in CRT sell off assets plan.

This makes it quite a challenge just to moor up on a windy day with about 2 foot of towpath width to try to moor up to. 

7 hours ago, BEngo said:

The card pump out is locked so it cannot be used.  The smell was too much for the householders.

N

It was working....well it was after I removed the jammed card from the slot...at Easter this year...have they removed it since then? That's very disappointing if so. I must say the houses etc aren't CRT's best planning. 

There are also now rings by the crane for waiting boats. The rings in front of the houses were removed by the CRT property team against the wishes and knowledge of the SE Waterways manager. The pump out looked like it was working when we visited recently

2 hours ago, Fat Boat said:

The Elsen point is out at the moment as it is being refurbed

Which given it was a totally brand new facility in a brand new building only a very short while ago would seem to me a good reason to ask why it needs reworking quite so soon.

Thanks all

im confused.com, now

just been told cow roast is the nearest for rubbish by locals here, 

i will investigate, just seems wrong to have water, Elsan and rubbish

then mooring rings removed and maybe services stopped,  because it upset and was unsightly for the neighbours!!

On 21/08/2017 at 07:52, bigcol said:

Edited by bigcol

The main refuse  point is at the red lion bridge Marsworth I think the bins at the services  are linked to the residents. I'm amazed the Elsan is closed for refurbishment it was fine when I used it 2 weeks ago and as Alan says the building is effectively new. the mooring rings/chains were removed by CRT when houses were being sold. Those by the crane were reinstated when there removal was pointed out and it's ok to queue there and we are 72' and moored outside the services ok with no hassle. It's a crazy place to have the services     so close to the new houses but last I heard residents were not trying to get it closed down.

The bins at the service point are not for the houses, they are behind the locked door to the right if you are facing the elsen but there are more at Red Lion Bridge, the houses have the little black sheds between the services and the houses

the elsen was never finished properley. i understand they are now finally putting tiles on the walls rather than just the painted blockwork

The legs supporting the elsen keep moving and dont look to be properly fixed, the pipe got loose a couple of times

Because they put a steel grate for a door the floor gets flooded in the rain, which most people think is not rain

There have been issues with the houses but i believe these are mainly sorted now, to be honest i have never had a problem with any of them and nearly always have a chat with them when watering up. The services were there for many years before the houses, what i fail to see is why their surveyors (sic) didnt pick up it was there when they were buying

You do have to switch your engine off while using the facilties these days and the 3 bins do get full very quickly

52 minutes ago, bigcol said:

quoted in error and cant get rid of the box

I'm moored there at the minute. 

There are bins are at the red lion, (though a white van keeps turning up every few mornings and filling em up to the brim!)

The pump out looked like it was in working order when i opened the door to check. Hopefully getting a card from a marina tonight so I'll be able to pump out tomorrow afternoon.

3 hours ago, sirweste said:

There are bins are at the red lion, (though a white van keeps turning up every few mornings and filling em up to the brim!)

The local council might be very interested in the video of this. 

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

The local council might be very interested in the video of this. 

The local council will not be bothered, it's not their bins and it stops it being fly tipped along the lanes and laybys. 

CRT however.........

Yer I may do, it's just after 8 a few mornings a week, this week when I saw it they had loads of expired food like cucumbers and grapes. So I guess it's a local shop perhaps.

To swerve wildly off topic (as per CWDF MO); why the hell aren't there any recycling points. Drives me mad, I end up taking all me plastics and paper to work colleagues houses, right faff.

31 minutes ago, sirweste said:

Yer I may do, it's just after 8 a few mornings a week, this week when I saw it they had loads of expired food like cucumbers and grapes. So I guess it's a local shop perhaps.

To swerve wildly off topic (as per CWDF MO); why the hell aren't there any recycling points. Drives me mad, I end up taking all me plastics and paper to work colleagues houses, right faff.

We've noticed quite a few more recycling points this year I have to say. Sadly quite a few seem to have any old crap dropped in them. 

On 25/08/2017 at 13:52, frangar said:

We've noticed quite a few more recycling points this year I have to say. Sadly quite a few seem to have any old crap dropped in them. 

I've spent the last few weeks on the GU north from Milton Keynes, the North Oxford, Coventry and B and F and have seen no recycling at CRT services at all! Lots of separately bagged bottles and cans etc dumped with other rubbish so others obviously looking to recycle and failing too. Wonder if this is cost-cutting or as previous post suggests people just dump any old stuff in them?

30 minutes ago, Patrick_C said:

I've spent the last few weeks on the GU north from Milton Keynes, the North Oxford, Coventry and B and F and have seen no recycling at CRT services at all! Lots of separately bagged bottles and cans etc dumped with other rubbish so others obviously looking to recycle and failing too. Wonder if this is cost-cutting or as previous post suggests people just dump any old stuff in them?

We've noticed them on the shroppie, Worcester & Birmingham, G & S and a few others I can't remember. They seem to be new this year so maybe it's a regional thing. 

2 hours ago, Patrick_C said:

CRT did announce last year that they were doing an arrangement with Biffa for the orange wheel bins to be recycled in a sorting plant. Apparently however,,only a small percentage of these actually get sorted so it was a bit of a fudge to meet green targets........

Cue new CRT press release on rubbish.

Recycling practice across the country is a disgrace.   Everywhere is different.  No wonder CRT can't get it right, because there is no single option or operator that offers the same recycling service across England and Wales. apart from the variation in what can be recycled there is also variation in how.  As examples:  at home we have to sort stuff.  They don't do plastic bottle tops, food containers or juice cartons.  At our mooring all recycling goes in one bin which is auto sorted at the plant.  They do all plastic types including cartons.

Even on auto sort there are things which can cause the bin to be rejected- a black bag full of "stuff" is one cause and if spotted by the bin loaders they won't even take it away.  How CRT can ever get anything to work given the existence of local dumpers and the waterways p-takers I don't know.  Cue CRT excuses for closing more rubbish points I expect.

N