Lost keys – Giffard Park on GU

AftApeth

Featured Posts

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. I managed to leave my spare keys at (I think) Giffard Park water point near Milton Keynes on the Grand Union on Saturday (19 August). Should be a big cork ball on the keyring, and I think a tag with the name 'PAL' in faint marker pen. There doesn't seem to be a facebook group for that stretch of the Grand Union where I could post about this. Does anybody have any ideas where somebody might have posted if they found the keys?

I've phoned the Giffard Park pub, and a friend called back yesterday to check the Elsan room and inside the water point box in case anybody had left them there. No sign so far. I think I left them in the water point keyhole as a hire boat was about to use the water after me. Other long shot is that the hirers will return them to the base when they finish their holiday (currently nothing handed back there either).

Not the end of the world I suppose if they're just missing. New padlock and new keys to be cut.

Some pretty bits on this stretch.

Someone posted on the 'Narrowboat users group' on face book that a set of keys were found at the elsan point. I have sent him a message to see if I can get you both in touch. If you have a phone number he can reach you on, sent it to me in a pm and I will let him have it.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, AllanC said:

Someone posted on the 'Narrowboat users group' on face book that a set of keys were found at the elsan point. I have sent him a message to see if I can get you both in touch. If you have a phone number he can reach you on, sent it to me in a pm and I will let him have it.

Thanks so much for posting this AllanC! I found the facebook group you mention, and the post on there from James. We've been in touch on Messenger and he confirms they're my keys! Sometimes the internet is pretty amazing.

• Happy 1