Water pump

David Shepherd

Featured Posts

That's the little screw on the nose of the pump isn't it? From memory you screw it in to raise the pressure and out to lower it but I can't remember if it made a lot of difference, must be 10 years since I put it in and it was starting to sound like a cement mixer full of gravel so it is now in the box of useful spares.

1 hour ago, Bee said:

That's the little screw on the nose of the pump isn't it? From memory you screw it in to raise the pressure and out to lower it but I can't remember if it made a lot of difference, must be 10 years since I put it in and it was starting to sound like a cement mixer full of gravel so it is now in the box of useful spares.

We have a shurflo and that is certainly how it works on ours, or at least that is what it says on the end of the pump. We have a 45psi, and have just slackened of the screw. If i recall correctly, when we measured the accumulator pressure it was < 40psi but can't recall precisely what it is.

9 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Its wise to make a note of which way you turn and how many turnsmade  on those adjusting screws. You may need or want to return it to its factory setting.

Don't you just select the option on the relevant menu? That's what I do on my computer. 

6 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

But an over pressurised accumulator would not give the symptoms described unless the PRV pressure and the pump cut out pressure were so close the lack of accumulator volume allowed pressure pulses to jump the PRV. If it is an over pressurised accumulator there would normally have to be another fault that the accumulator could not cover up.

Agreed, but it would prevent the taking of meaningful pressure readings.