Non condensing boiler?

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Looking to install a new diesel boiler in our barge. We are looking for a non condensing 15-20 kw mains power boiler, does anyone have any recommendations?

We had initially looked at Warm flow as they had great reviews from friends but they no longer do non condensing boilers and we are struggling to find anyone still doing them due to new house regulations.

Why do you want a non-condensing boiler?  I have, in houses, both normal and combi boilers. Both are condensing and seem to me no different to the non-condensing boilers they replaced with the exception of a small drain.

As we will be running it on diesel, not oil so condensing are a problem. Also, in a house, they drain away, you can do that into the canal as it's hazardous 

Don't really want it to drain into a tank which we have to then pump out

In winter I am moored up with a power supply so I suppose it isn't a concern at the time when I use it most...

In summer when I am sat somewhere my solar will cope with all my mains power demands, and if for some reason it doesn't I go for a cruise or put the gennie on.

My boiler is a earlier version, I believe these don't draw any power until they are called in... Lots of new build Piper barges use them, perhaps someone can give you more info. Hope that helps

Edited by Paringa
Additional info