Electric start generator as quiet as the Honda eu20i ?

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Mitchellmoxo said:

Is there one around?? As I want to permanently place the generator in a housing in the bow rather than carrying it in and out every time. 

Thanks

How do you plan to pipe the exhaust out ?

(Remember it was a boater and his family who did this and died last year)

The only answer is a proper marine water cooled and fully 'plumbed in' diesel generator, but, you will have little change from £7000-£10,000 by the time it is installed

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Let's hope you both choose generators whose manufactures approve DIY exhaust extensions.

I'm not intending to do it unless it is safe, but I'm interested in his proposal so I can assess it, or research it, or dismiss it.

On 20/08/2017 at 23:07, Richard10002 said:

I'm not intending to do it unless it is safe, but I'm interested in his proposal so I can assess it, or research it, or dismiss it.

How will you know it is safe?

The manufacturer is the final arbiter so will you consult them? Or just declare it safe yourself like that bloke did whose wife and child died as a result of his DIY genny exhaust extension?